Got a whole new Samsung line-up to unpack!

• 1 February 2023
  • 15 replies
Got a whole new Samsung line-up to unpack!
Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Samsung has a great line-up in their new Galaxy S23 series devices. These flagship phones come in phantom black, lavender, green, and cream, so there is a color for everyone. All of the Galaxy S23 devices are 5G capable and are eSIM ready right out of the box. They also have the Snapdragon® 8 Gen 2 Octa-Core processor making it fast and fun. They are the same size as the previous models, but the new design is easier to fit in your hand.

The S23 Ultra is stepping things up a notch with a 200MP wide angle, 12MP Ultra wide angle, and two 10MP telephoto lenses. It is also compatible with Samsung’s S Pen which brings an advanced dynamic to navigating life through the phone.

If you are new to Samsung or had it for years, there is always more to discover. The S23 series have a really cool Tips application. It shows all of the latest and greatest features of the device and walks you through how to use them.

You can read more about the phones and offerings on our Newsroom and Offers page.

Want to know how the S23 stacks up against the S22? Check out the details in this article on the Newsroom.

We would love to know what you are most excited about with these new Galaxy devices.

*5G coverage not available in some areas. Some uses may require certain plan or feature; see T-Mobile.com.

15 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’d love to get one if only I could! Been trying all day through the Samsung pre-order program, and the process keeps hanging when Samsung connects to T-Mobile to verify my trade-in and existing line. IOW, the problem doesn’t seem to be Samsung, but T-Mobile.

My original offers had better be honored, or I will be one unhappy customer!

Userlevel 1

Everytime I tried doing a preorder for the samsung galaxy s23 ultra on samsung website. It failing on the two factor authentication. I’ll receive the text message on my phone, enter the number I received and received error two factor authentication failed. Tried multiple times and it keeps failing. Even tried the email option but it wouldn’t send the authentication code. Missing out on the samsung deals due to these issues. Yesterday samsung was offering $120 samsung instant store credit. Tried today and now it down to $70 samsung instant store credit. I prefer to order the phone through samsung since they are offering $800 for my oneplus 9 pro compare to the $400 trade in offer tmobile is offering me. Plus the instant store credit samsung is offering as well. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@sonoma1983 I also saw two different credit amounts while trying to order--$70 and $120. But I realized it’s because I had an extra $50 available for having signed up in advance for pre-order. If you reserved a pre-order earlier and try to order the phone using the link in the email or text you should have received saying “It’s time,” you should see the $120 (one for $50 and one for $70)--at least I do.

That said, I still can’t order after more than 24 hours of trying. As I said in my original post, the process hangs when Samsung attempts to confirm with T-Mobile. I’m beginning to wonder if T-Mobile is sabotaging it because they want me to order through them--for $500 less trade-in value than what Samsung is quoting, not to mention the $120 Samsung accessories credits. No, thanks!

Grrr!

I cannot type the words I really feel. Whoever decided it was a good idea to tie the Carrier (T-Mobile)in with the actual Manufacturer (Samsung) of the phone should be fired post haste. This year is by far the WORST phone buying experience I've ever had. I finally gave up on the Samsung Website. It STINKS ! Never before I recall having to sign in to both Samsung and T-Mobile's Website to purchase two phones. It really is time to consider other options. Maybe Samsung's has gotten to Big. It forgot how to build a website that you can actually complete a sale on. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

The high clock speeds and lower latency RAM.  The almost double the UFS read and write speeds over the s22 Ultra.  RAW mode for the camera.  The SnapDragon 8 Gen 2 CPU across the entire line of s23’s globally.

Badge

Our Samsung 22 Ultra has issues.  I’m a bit leary about the 23.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Our Samsung 22 Ultra has issues.  I’m a bit leary about the 23.

What issues if.you don't mind.me asking?  The biggest complaints I have heard with the a22 Ultras, was poor battery life and they get hot and throttle a lot during games.  The cooling system has been improved for the S23 Ultra and the significantly more efficient Snapdragon 8 Gen 2, stretching the battery life for the same size battery an extra hour or two depending on usage.

Badge

We can’t port over to a different carrier.  It won’t unlock.  We have no service with any carriers.  Samsung isn’t helping.  Carriers haven’t helped at all.  I’d trade up to a new phone, but I’m afraid we’ll have the same issue with unlocking it and using with a different carrier if need be.  Samsung really hasn’t given us any guidance.  We have had zero issues with iPhones.  I personally, would never get an android.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

what exactly is the issue theyre running into with unlocking? its fully paid off? has been on the TMO network for the required amount of time so it can be unlocked? youre the original owner?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

We can’t port over to a different carrier.  It won’t unlock.  We have no service with any carriers.  Samsung isn’t helping.  Carriers haven’t helped at all.  I’d trade up to a new phone, but I’m afraid we’ll have the same issue with unlocking it and using with a different carrier if need be.  Samsung really hasn’t given us any guidance.  We have had zero issues with iPhones.  I personally, would never get an android.

Was it purchased from T-Mobile USA?  For the SIM Unlock to process, you must still be a customer with an active service for the SIM Unlock to verify your eligibility and process the SIM Unlock.  Have you considered taking it to one of those cellphone repair kiosks you find in most shopping centers and paying their fee to have it SIM unlocked?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Pre-ordered and received my S23 Ultra w/512GB 10 days later (actually before the official release date). Returned my S21 Ultra 5G for the $1k rebate. S21 was approved and all is fine. I had the Samsung case w/pen for my S21 Ultra so this S23 Ultra now makes it feel like my old “Samsung Note” with its internal pen, and which I missed :-)

“Pre-ordered” 16 Feb, says Order is processing…. no update since. Order Status online is blank page. Customer Service simply say big demand for S23U, backlogged. No ETA, no official update from T-Mobile on orders. Seems to be an issue with other providers as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I received mine on the 10th.  :D  I do know others still waiting though that ordered close to the end of the pre-order window.  The S23 Ultra is definitely a nice improvement over previous Samsung devices.

Badge

I’ve had my S2 for two days and I was initially okay with the purchase, but now I hate it after noticing there’s no speaker port for my earbuds. I listen to music apps using my phone at my workplace, but Bluetooth drops too often.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I’ve had my S2 for two days and I was initially okay with the purchase, but now I hate it after noticing there’s no speaker port for my earbuds. I listen to music apps using my phone at my workplace, but Bluetooth drops too often.

It has been years since flag ship.devices have come with headphone jacks.  Bluetooth devices work best when they are the same version of Bluetooth.  The more of a difference between the standard on the device and the accessories.  The more potential.issues, especially connectivity issues can arise.  I haven't had any issues with my s23 Ultra and Sennheiser Momentus 4's.