Question

LG IMS HAS STOPPED

Userlevel 1
Badge

I was able to find a solution that works. 

1. Turn off your Wi-Fi and keep it off or the box “LG IMS has stopped” will pop back up. Simply repeat the steps below to remove it again. 
  2. You can navigate the phone with the message “LG IMS has stopped”  just click any space on your phone screen around the box.. It will reappear in about three seconds so you will go a bit slower until you complete the steps below. 

Steps to clear LG IMS has stopped box

Go to settings> storage//internal storage>other apps>hit three dots in upper right hand corner...>show system>scroll to find, com.lge.ims.rcsprovider (was not in order on my phone)>clear data/cache. 

The box will disappear. 

28 replies

My phone has not worked correctly since 5-22. I found "restore APN to defaults" early this morning and I can now use my phone as a you guessed it.  PHONE! T- Mobile did nothing to help and haven't apologized for anything.  They could have sent an email  or made a statement or something! I went to the store yesterday and was told "Nothing we can do".  But we can sell you a new phone.

T-MOBILE Business model

CRIME PAYS!!!

How did you do that? I still have no Mobile network. Tmobile is trying to pin this all on LG and is of no help!

My phone has not worked correctly since 5-22. I found "restore APN to defaults" early this morning and I can now use my phone as a you guessed it.  PHONE! T- Mobile did nothing to help and haven't apologized for anything.  They could have sent an email  or made a statement or something! I went to the store yesterday and was told "Nothing we can do".  But we can sell you a new phone.

T-MOBILE Business model

CRIME PAYS!!!

How did you do that? I still have no Mobile network. Tmobile is trying to pin this all on LG and is of no help!

I jave an lg k40. It's np longer supported. I had to install a vpn on sun 5-22. That got rid of the message but I still had problems dropping the net and couldn't make calls. And then . 

From your home screen, please go into Settings.

Under the Networks tab, and select Mobile Networks.

In this menu go to Access Point Names. Hit 3 dots. Hit Restore Default Settings.

You may see the option for Disable 2G and 3g.

This setting will disable 2G and 3g service on the device.

LTE enables and IMS may correct. 💯 

Leave feedback if I helped you. :)

Happy to help. 😊

I tried this and it worked