Question

• 27 February 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge

When I send a text message to a certain person my text messages show Sent as SMS via Server. I have not changed anything on my phone settings or message settings. It only happens with one person and no one else. How can I fix this or turn that off. I've turned off my sent, delivery and typing notifications. Anyone else having this issue? I have the Galaxy Note 20 and they have Google One, I believe. 

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Their device might not support RCS, which would not return any sort of received or confirmation.  Some messaging apps allow you to disable RCS while others do not.

Badge

That's so weird because this just happened out of nowhere today and previous to that it would let me know when it was delivered/read. They haven't changed their message app or any settings either. Thanks for your reply!

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Is there a possibility that the person blocked you?  The last couple of updates to Carrier Services have broken some things. 

Badge

No, we can still text each other. This is just what I see every time I send them a message. I guess I'll just have to keep seeing that on my messages. I've tried googling and nothing else says how to get rid of it. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

it could still be an issue on their end. lack of data or something. are they able to send mms still to others aside from yourself? are they able to send themselves a pic and receive it?

I also have this issue with only 1 contact. If I restart my phone and resend the message it goes through. Most of the time I don't have an issue texting them, but if we have a conversation via texts, I will have to restart my phone at least once. Can anyone help?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

the problem could also be on their end.. if its only affecting one person on your end then odds are its not a texting app issue..or network issue..its going to be something either with their contact info within your phone or either they or you are having network issues and at those times your data connection is a bit lacking.

what phone is it?

I have a Galaxy Note 10, but I don't know what they have. 

I'm having the same issue and I have a note 10.  Maybe it has something to do with sprint switching to t-mobile. It only happens when I text my husband who also has a note 10. 

I have the same problem. I have a Samsung S10. It has happened to more then one person I have messaged. It's annoying because you can't tell if they have read the message or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

I have the same problem. I have a Samsung S10. It has happened to more then one person I have messaged. It's annoying because you can't tell if they have read the message or not.

they might also have it shut down on their side because as my younger brother put it “ they dont need to know if i read it or when i read their message”.

Son has had OnePlus 8, I have S20FE. Everything was fine, showed read and all. No changes on his end. I updated to ui4 Android 12 OTA. Then it started happening. So, the issue is on our end.