Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Things I would like in a phone:

1. 1TB storage (lots of videos)
  2. Headphone jack
  3. FM radio
  4. Good DIY repairability.

What the Nokia G310 5G has:

1. SD card slot with support up to 1TB (plus 128GB onboard storage)
  2. Headphone jack
  3. FM radio (I hope that’s the USA too. It appears it could be!)
  4. Is marketed by Nokia as easy to repair. iFix it says that battery, display and charge port replacement are all in the “moderate” difficulty level.

It does only have USB 2.0 and 20W charging over USB type C. But those are the same specs as the iPhone 15.

I’m not looking for a gaming phone. About the only, possibly processor intensive thing I would want to do is run an SDR on it.

I would be trading in my Google Pixel 4a, that I don’t really like because of the limited storage and lack of FM radio.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The Pixel 4a is end of life so trade in value will be next to nothing.

There's one review on Tmobile’s website and it's a 1 star review stating it's slow and not responsive.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

The Pixel 4a is end of life so trade in value will be next to nothing.

There's one review on Tmobile’s website and it's a 1 star review stating it's slow and not responsive.

Good points.

My Pixel still works fine. It does everything it’s designed to do just fine, no slowness or unresponsiveness. And I haven’t so much as scratched the thing (maybe because I don’t hardly use it like I would one with more capabilities).

It is also the 4G unlocked variant. Not being 5G will probably make it worth even less.

I may keep this phone for longer, until it stops working. But I know one thing for sure, I’m never getting a Pixel for myself ever again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and heats up..

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The heating issue on my 7 seems to have gone away after the latest security update. Also my phone really heated up when I went outside or in my car in the Phoenix area.

With temps dropping that may be helping.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

It is hard to tell how bad or good the phone is with just one review.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

True. There's other sites that reviews phones so Google the make and model.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

This review site says to not buy the Nokia G310 but to buy the Galaxy A14 instead.

https://bgr.com/reviews/nokia-g310-5g-review/

But I’m not sure that the Galaxy A14 has FM radio, which is one of my biggest pet peeves with my current Pixel 4a.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Looking at unboxings, I see the Nokia G310 has an FM app in at least the Metro version. It should still have an FM app in the T-Mobile version too, right?

I don’t see any FM app in the unboxings for the Samsung Galaxy A14. Interestingly, one review that compared the two said the Galaxy A14 is actually slower than the Nokia G310.

I’m unsure if I would be happy or not with a slow laggy phone. I don’t see why I really need a fast phone. My Surface 2 tablet is kind of slow and laggy at times, and it doesn’t bother me that much. Before the Pixel 4a I had a 7-year-old LG G3, and it seemed fine. Of course one thing is going from mediocre to good and another is going back to mediocre again.