Question

Not receiving texts from Verizon carriers!

• 27 January 2023
  • 42 replies

Badge

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for some sort of help if anyone has encountered the issue that I am having. I recently tried to make a switch over to Verizon from T-mobile and had begun the process online. Mistake number 1. In trying to do so I did not realized that I needed transfer of liability from the account that I was under in order to have my own account. After realizing how much of a mess it was to even do that I decided it was not worth it to switch after all and decided to stick with T-Mobile. Before my number could be on my own account the T-mobile rep said that my number was ported to verizon and needed to be ported back. I had called Verizon and had them port my number back as they said my number was only partially ported. After all that I had my own account on T-mobile. Now I am not receiving messages from ANY Verizon carriers and I dont know what is going on. Verizon carriers are able to receive my messages and calls but I cannot receive messages from them, just calls. I have spoken to multiple people with tmobile up to the engineers and they have stated that everything is clean on their end and have even rebroadcasted my number. I have tried every possible thing that I could on the phone in order to see if I could resolve the issue but have not had any luck. I talked with a verizon rep today and they said that my account would be deactivated when the billing cycle ends in February but only stated the messaging issue was on tmobiles end. I am stuck, losing serious hope, and no longer know what to do. Can anyone help???????

42 replies

Did you find a solution? We have the same problem. We switched 2 lines from Verizon, one of which didn’t port cleanly the first time. That line will send to numbers on any carrier, SMS or MMS, but will not receive SMS texts from Verizon numbers. If the Verizon numbers are included in a group text there doesn’t seem to be an issue.

Like you we have no idea what else we can try to fix the problem. We have spent hours talking with T-Mobile techs and frankly I think they’re out of ideas. The only things we haven’t tried are restoring factory settings or putting the SIM card in a different phone.

I am having this exact same problem.  I have tried Verizon and Tmobile for help and no one has been able to solve it.  Please someone here at Tmobile Escalated Tech help me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I just texted and sent a picture to a friend of mine on Verizon from my s23 Ultra using Google Messages.  She replied within a minute and received both messages.

My number is the only one affected.  I can text them, they can't text back.  My husband's phone works fine.

Badge

I'm having this exact same issue. Started last Sunday at random. It is only my line on my account. SMS works fine with TMobile, AT&T and when sending to Verizon. SMS sent to me from any Verizon device will not deliver to my phone. I do have a trouble ticket in the works, I am praying it gets fixed. 

I finally got my issue resolved.  I had to go into the Settings, Apps, then go to your Messages App.  Click on Storage, then hit Clear Catche.  It worked for me.  Maybe this will help you too.  Save u alot of aggravation.   

Badge

I finally got my issue resolved.  I had to go into the Settings, Apps, then go to your Messages App.  Click on Storage, then hit Clear Catche.  It worked for me.  Maybe this will help you too.  Save u alot of aggravation.   

I appreciate the reply. Do you use iOS or Android?  I've tried to reset everything short of the phone itself and SMS from VZW folks are still not coming in. I wish my issue were resolved as simple as yours was. If it goes on much longer I may reset the entire phone even though I've tried different phones. 

I have android.  And I tried everything...new phone, new sim card.  Back and forth with techs from verizon and tmobile.  Took my phone to a store and they tried everything too.  For 2 months we tried everything.  Finally I chatted with a tmobile tech and he sent me those instructions and it finally worked.  Hope u get your issue resolved soon.  I know how irritating it is.

I had cleared the Cache as well but it didn’t work. The issue ended up being on the Verizon side. The only reason I was able to get it resolved was by opening a ticket from my Verizon line, even though my phone was working fine. What I was told was that the text routing process within the Verizon network wasn’t completed so the text would enter their network but it wouldn’t have a phone number associated with Verizon to send it to. They ultimately had to remap the phone number so that it would go outside their system. Sorry I don’t have the tech terms to explain exactly what happened.

Badge

ChristieP-Sounds like you may have found the solution. I’m considering moving from Vz to T-Mobile.  Has this fixed the texting issue?  Voicemail okay? Any other issues or thought?.  BTW do old contacts and text messages transfer over? Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

everything should transfer over..the carrier doesnt save your contact info..your phone/Google/ICloud does.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

ChristieP-Sounds like you may have found the solution. I’m considering moving from Vz to T-Mobile.  Has this fixed the texting issue?  Voicemail okay? Any other issues or thought?.  BTW do old contacts and text messages transfer over? Thanks.

I moved from Verizon to T-Mobile 3 months ago and I have not had any issues texting to and from Verizon customers, both Iphones and Android devices. My number was ported by the T-Mobile store associate and did so with no problems.  Just FYI.  I’m getting a lot more for my money with T-Mobile and I have found their customer service to be very good so far. As far as contacts and texts moving over, all of mine did, but I think that is a function of my Google drive account saving and syncing with my new phone.  The only negative I have moving to T-Mobile is, there was a T-Mobile app pre-installed called AppManager I think.  What a POS.  It just automatically started downloading a huge number of games, (I hate these stupid games and don’t allow them on my phone, ever) but I was able to completely uninstall the app and so far it hasn’t returned.  IMO, that is a terrible disservice to your customers to force such drivel on your phone without permission.  Bloatware is a problem with Verizon as well, corporate greed i think.  One more thing, the T-Mobile app is head and shoulders better than the Verizon app, unlike Verizon that put their advertising BS in front and make you search for your account info, T-Mobile’s app is a nice app filled with your account info not advertising goods and services for padding their bottom line.  

I had cleared the Cache as well but it didn’t work. The issue ended up being on the Verizon side. The only reason I was able to get it resolved was by opening a ticket from my Verizon line, even though my phone was working fine. What I was told was that the text routing process within the Verizon network wasn’t completed so the text would enter their network but it wouldn’t have a phone number associated with Verizon to send it to. They ultimately had to remap the phone number so that it would go outside their system. Sorry I don’t have the tech terms to explain exactly what happened.

ChristieP I’m having this exact same issue. How did you manage to get anyone from Verizon to help with this? I can’t even get through to anyone because I no longer have a phone with them. Any help would be so incredibly appreciated. 

Still can't get my texts from senders and they all seem to be Verizon contacts. It all seemed to start when I tried to Port from T-Mobile to visible who has service through Verizon. I have talked to so many level two and level three technicians I am exhausted day after day on the phone for 3 weeks still no text coming back all showing " Not Delivered" 

Having pretty much same issue. But I can get texts from anyone but can't send to vz or att people. I can send gifs and pics. But no texts. Works fine for sprint, metro and tmobile. They are telling me it's a local issue that engineers are working on.  On day 3 now. Beyond annoyed. After 25yrs with them, I'm about to bail. Had similar issue in April with my note 8 that I couldn't receive any calls at all and couldn't send texts to vz people. They replaced it with note 20 all issues resolved but now text issue is back. 

I am going through the same issue for nearly THREE (3) months!  No resolution in sight.  Problem started coincidentally when there was an unauthorized port request for my number to Verizon.  So I can receive pictures msgs but not regular SMS texts.  Have spoken extensively with multiple people on the T-Mobile to help me as a customer.  T-Mobile blamed Verizon….Verizon blamed T-Mobile.  I tried speaking to Verizon on separate occasions to address this issue.  I actually escalated my problem to the T-Mobile executive level team but they don’t seem to interested in trying to fix my problem.  Meanwhile, I’m stuck in the middle with the problem.  I was finally able to confirm with Verizon that my number is no longer in their system and texts being sent to my number are being delivered properly (no error messages).  Yet, I am still not receiving anything.  AND I have done everything from a troubleshooting perspective - reset network settings, restart my phone, changed from physical SIM card to eSIM, cleared the cache, got new S23 Ultra, used a different messages app…..but no solution yet.  

It's crazy bc mine resolved finally. At first I could send like 3 out of 5 then 2, then couple hours later it was working fine. I'm to the point that if thus happens again, I'm done. I've had tmo since 97 as aerial then  voicestream.  I don't want to switch.  The one thing that bothers me is my friend with sprint ad the same issue at the same time I did but I has no idea. She just told me. So I've never tried to port out like most have.

Do all of you also have a very old old plan?  They always try to make me change it. I have the old $50 unlimited I believe. 

Experiencing the same issue but it is Verizon (non iPhone) and now Spectrum Mobile too (non iPhone) as well so only text messages. Hoping there is some resolution as I have tried all the basic suggestions and nothing worked.

We're not receiving vz texts on my wife's phone while mine is ok. It's not the phone because the missing incoming texts are not in the call log for her line. We ported from verizon five years ago, but the problem began around April. Tech support is working on it. But so far no answer. 

File an FCC complaint and add Verizon as secondary in complaint it is how I got the problem resolved. T-Mobile tech support did nothing and Verizon Corporate ended up fixing issue. FCC Complaint Online

Badge

No this is VZW.  Wefound your number built with a SMS profile and it was removed so should be working from VZW. 

I was unable to receive text from Verizon customers. Finally  after 27 days Verizon released my number. This is the text I received from them. Hope it helps.

I am going through this right now.  I have been going on with this since this summer.  I cannot deal with it any longer.  I have been into tmobile and got the worst service ever.  Tmobile told me to tall verizon, verizon told me to call apple, apple told me to call tmobile.  It is literally the worst thing.  I have had multiple escalation tickets.  The last resolution was that  I call verizon and talk to them. And guess what they told me to call tmobile.  I took my card off of  auto pay, I am not paying my bill.  Or I am going to give them back and tell tmobile to pound salt.  I do refuse to get a new phone number  this should not be a me problem and me doing the middle man work.  I cannot text my brother, my husband, or my mother.  This has to be the biggest in convenience ever.  I use to be able to talk to people through group chats but now It is not working.  IF anyone has any other suggestions please for the love of God let me know.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you mover over from Verizon or did you start out with TMO? and same for the rest of the fam?

Verizon to Tmobile.  Im on the phone with tmobile right now

did you mover over from Verizon or did you start out with TMO? and same for the rest of the fam?

Change your phone number, that worked for me.