Question

Not receiving texts from Verizon carriers!

• 27 January 2023
  • 42 replies

Badge

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for some sort of help if anyone has encountered the issue that I am having. I recently tried to make a switch over to Verizon from T-mobile and had begun the process online. Mistake number 1. In trying to do so I did not realized that I needed transfer of liability from the account that I was under in order to have my own account. After realizing how much of a mess it was to even do that I decided it was not worth it to switch after all and decided to stick with T-Mobile. Before my number could be on my own account the T-mobile rep said that my number was ported to verizon and needed to be ported back. I had called Verizon and had them port my number back as they said my number was only partially ported. After all that I had my own account on T-mobile. Now I am not receiving messages from ANY Verizon carriers and I dont know what is going on. Verizon carriers are able to receive my messages and calls but I cannot receive messages from them, just calls. I have spoken to multiple people with tmobile up to the engineers and they have stated that everything is clean on their end and have even rebroadcasted my number. I have tried every possible thing that I could on the phone in order to see if I could resolve the issue but have not had any luck. I talked with a verizon rep today and they said that my account would be deactivated when the billing cycle ends in February but only stated the messaging issue was on tmobiles end. I am stuck, losing serious hope, and no longer know what to do. Can anyone help???????

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Verizon to Tmobile.  Im on the phone with tmobile right now

did you mover over from Verizon or did you start out with TMO? and same for the rest of the fam?

this seems to be the trend. you dont really see anyone that started with TMO having issues with texting V customers..its the ones that switched from V to TMO..i text 3 V numbers daily with zero issues unless its a normal everyday texting issue one can run into..but specifically for V i dont run into that.

Userlevel 1

I'm having this exact same issue. Started last Sunday at random. It is only my line on my account. SMS works fine with TMobile, AT&T and when sending to Verizon. SMS sent to me from any Verizon device will not deliver to my phone. I do have a trouble ticket in the works, I am praying it gets fixed. 

I have been having this problem for several months. Ever since I started to port to Verizon and then without my permission they activated the lines and I decided not to Port over. Every day another person is unable to reply to my text but they can send a picture. It's insane, it's getting old. This is affecting my job as one of the people that cannot text me is my boss. This is affecting my business as customers cannot text me back but pictures will come through. How insane is that. I have spoken to T-Mobile and they say it's Verizon. I just got off the phone with Verizon and they say it's not them. So I'm done I'm going to file a complaint with the appropriate government agencies. I'm also thinking of consulting my attorney and possibly starting a class action lawsuit. Is anyone interested in joining?

I'm having this exact same issue. Started last Sunday at random. It is only my line on my account. SMS works fine with TMobile, AT&T and when sending to Verizon. SMS sent to me from any Verizon device will not deliver to my phone. I do have a trouble ticket in the works, I am praying it gets fixed. 

I have been having this problem for several months. Ever since I started to port to Verizon and then without my permission they activated the lines and I decided not to Port over. Every day another person is unable to reply to my text but they can send a picture. It's insane, it's getting old. This is affecting my job as one of the people that cannot text me is my boss. This is affecting my business as customers cannot text me back but pictures will come through. How insane is that. I have spoken to T-Mobile and they say it's Verizon. I just got off the phone with Verizon and they say it's not them. So I'm done I'm going to file a complaint with the appropriate government agencies. I'm also thinking of consulting my attorney and possibly starting a class action lawsuit. Is anyone interested in joining?

Add me to the list. I started with Verizon, ported to T-Mobile and everything worked for 2 weeks. For the last 2 months I have not been able to receive text messages from a Verizon based network. They receive my text and respond with no issues on their side, but checking my line usage on my account the texts never enter the T-Mobile network for me. I have spent 10+ hours on the phone with T-Mobile where they tell me they aren’t seeing any problems. I have submitted FCC complaints against both T-Mobile and Verizon. Verizon refuses to work with me as I no longer have an account with them. I refuse to change the number I have had for 25 years. This is obviously a common problem and T-Mobile refuses to actually work with Verizon to solve it for us.

Userlevel 1

From my research and numerous calls to Verizon and T-Mobile it is a Verizon problem. Only Verizon customers are not able to text and everyone I have talked to that is on T-Mobile started to port and without their consent the line was activated. I have filed a complaint with the FCC. We'll see how it goes. It has been sent to Verizon who told me just this last Friday my account was still open and I never activated the lines nor did I give them permission to. I still receive emails about my bill being ready to view and can log in. They told me the account was still active and shutting it down should solve the problem. Nope, not at all 

Userlevel 1

T-Mobile told me they have contacted Verizon numerous times and nothing happens. T-Mobile cannot make Verizon unblock. This is a Verizon problem.

Userlevel 1

Filed a complaint Friday. Received an email today from Verizon. The problem is fixed. Go online, file a complaint and it will be fixed 

I wasn’t receiving individual texts from iPhones (I’m on android) on Verizon after I ported my number over from Verizon.  I could, however, receive group texts from iPhones on Verizon - weird.  T-Mobile couldn’t fix it but filing an FCC complaint got ‘er done in three days!  Verizon had to fix it on their end.

Where do I file a complaint in order to get action from Verizon?  Same problem, my family started changing from t-mobile to Verizon, we aborted when one line was activated and we found out how bad Verizon’s coverage was compared to t-mobile.  

I have an iPhone and now I can’t receive texts from Verizon android phones, they get mine though.  This has been going on since we cancelled the transfer and were told that only one number had been ported over to Verizon so we got it ported back to t-mobile, supposedly my number was never ported.

Where do I file a complaint to get action from Verizon?  I hope it doesn’t take a class action suit against Verizon to get this fixed because I need it fixed now.  

Thanks to everyone that reported this problem, at least I know I’m not alone.

Try googling ‘FCC complaint’.  If that’s too hard, click here:  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

I am having the same issue. 3 numbers transferred from Verizon, 2 came through just fine, the 3rd will not receive text message from Verizon customers. 2 hours on the line with service so far... tmobile says Verizon did not release the message service. They have a message blocker and if it is not removed you can't get text from Verizon. I just called back to Verizon, they agreed that was the issue but will not correct the issue unless I transfer my phone back to Verizon and open an account with them. I just file a complaint with FCC since that seems to be the only way anyone has been able to get the issue resolved. It is definitely a Verizon issue but they refuse to help.

Badge

I finally got my issue resolved.  I had to go into the Settings, Apps, then go to your Messages App.  Click on Storage, then hit Clear Catche.  It worked for me.  Maybe this will help you too.  Save u alot of aggravation.   

I appreciate the reply. Do you use iOS or Android?  I've tried to reset everything short of the phone itself and SMS from VZW folks are still not coming in. I wish my issue were resolved as simple as yours was. If it goes on much longer I may reset the entire phone even though I've tried different phones. 

Wanted to give an update.  My issue was corrected many months ago, but my number originally originated from VZW.  For some reason my number got “caught up” in VZW’s system and someone there had to fix it.  I spoke to a senior T-Mobile tech who was extremely helpful.  Took some work on my end but ever since it has been smooth sailing.

this is 100% caused by Google Messages. It’s been a problem for years now. google messages has always outright missed texts due to awful RCS implementation. use a different SMS handler. the second we switched back to samsung messages it stopped entirely for good.

Badge

this is 100% caused by Google Messages. It’s been a problem for years now. google messages has always outright missed texts due to awful RCS implementation. use a different SMS handler. the second we switched back to samsung messages it stopped entirely for good.

I disagree about it being 100% caused by Google Messages. I had this issue from devices that didn’t have Google Messages in the mix. It was a server issue that Verizon rectified. 

if you used any android device that’s released int he last 2 years then google messages was preinstalled and the default SMS handler. it also causes issues with SMS between ios and android that is solved immediately when deactivating Google messages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have zero issues with Google Messages on my s23 Ultra using RCS through Google.

I have zero issues with Google Messages on my s23 Ultra using RCS through Google.

That you know of. had a buddy on verizon with a s21 ultra that didn’t know he was missing messages for months on google messages. he was in denial until he missed a text about his wife going into labor that he got 17 hours later.

but the argument of “i can drive well drunk so why can’t i?” is really convincing though.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That you know of. had a buddy on verizon with a s21 ultra that didn’t know he was missing messages for months on google messages. he was in denial until he missed a text about his wife going into labor that he got 17 hours later.

but the argument of “i can drive well drunk so why can’t i?” is really convincing though.

That's Verizon for you.  Just look at the many issues their network and systems when it comes to texts sent through their network and to and from outside of it.