Solved

Not sending messages to one person

• 22 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

About 4 months ago everyone was complaining about their text not going through for one person and the number kept saving as SIP: even when you entered a number. The SIP has stopped but I am still having issues with the message sending. It is only happening when I try to text my son who is on the same t-mobile plan as me. Has anyone figured out how to fix this? I have tried everything they suggest in troubleshoot. 

icon

Best answer by HeavenM 22 November 2023, 19:09

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Are you sure they haven’t accidentally blocked you on their device?  

Badge

No I am not blocked on his phone. Also, I can call him and he can text me. I just can’t text him.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Some apps allow you to block texts without blocking the person from calling.  This can also happen if you accidentally get flagged as spam in apps like Google Messages.

Badge

I will look into that. He receives messages from everyone else but me. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The SIP issue was definitely a weird one. Now that you are not getting the SIP error, do you get any error message when you try to send to him? When was the last time you were able to send to him successfully?

Have you deleted the conversation thread on your phone and has he on his? 

Badge

I do still get the error message. It is so random. One minute I can send him a message and the next one I can send 30 seconds later and it won’t send. Last time was Saturday. I have tried deleting our conversation on both phones. I have tried everything in troubleshooting. 

Badge

Just as soon as I said that now the sip issue is happening again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Ok, since you are still getting that SIP error message, I would suggest that you reach out to our customer support teams to get a ticket filed for the message failure just to your son. They can get the exact error message details as well as the dates and times for the message failures. That way the engineering team can take a deeper look and iron out those kinks. 

Has there been a solution for this? I have the exact same problem. 4 phones, one phone doesn’t receive my texts and SIP popped up as sender. Everyone else can text and I can receive from from, just 8 out of 10 times, tells me text failed to send, that is all it says.