Question

OnePlus 8 IN2017 Android 13 Update

• 16 November 2022
  • 7 replies

Badge

When Android 13 and Oxygen 13 is coming in OnePlus 8 IN2017 model.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

when OP has a stable enough update to kick out. as of right now its still in development.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/support/phones-tablets-devices/software-updates

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

With the release of the stable for India and the NA (Global) variants.  The focus is now on the EU variant.  Once the EU gets their release, OnePlus will start on the T-Mobile variant.  That could be December at the earliest but more than likely January or February of 2023.

I have a OnePlus 8Pro, bought from OnePlus, and have had the newest update for quite while now. My girlfriend has a OnePlus 85G.

Her's is the T-Mobile version, but long since paid off. It says it's unlocked, but T-Mobile's ad bloatware is preventing her from getting the update. BTW, the 13 update is in fact stable, & has been for a long time now. T-Mobile should know that it's now illegal to lock these phones in any capacity once they're paid off. She bought hers second hand, it's been paid off for a VERY long time, and the ad-bloatware is what's blocking the update, hence T-Mobile is breaking the law. We are looking into legal action since the phone is still “locked" but preventing updates.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As in buying it second hand it was not purchased from Tmobile or an authorized reseller but from a site like eBay or Amazon? This could be the hang up since she wasn't the original owner of the phone. Has she tried showing the receipt of the phone purchase to Tmobile?

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

I have a OnePlus 8Pro, bought from OnePlus, and have had the newest update for quite while now. My girlfriend has a OnePlus 85G.

Her's is the T-Mobile version, but long since paid off. It says it's unlocked, but T-Mobile's ad bloatware is preventing her from getting the update. BTW, the 13 update is in fact stable, & has been for a long time now. T-Mobile should know that it's now illegal to lock these phones in any capacity once they're paid off. She bought hers second hand, it's been paid off for a VERY long time, and the ad-bloatware is what's blocking the update, hence T-Mobile is breaking the law. We are looking into legal action since the phone is still “locked" but preventing updates.

What "ad-bloatware" are you talking about, specifically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are you meaning the bootloader is locked? carriers lock the device to their network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

T-Mobile doesn't and can't SIM lock devices.  They come that way from the manufacturer at the customers (T-Mobile) request.  If a device is eligible to be SIM unlocked, then the customer should request it.  I have never had any of my devices SIM unlock without it being requested first and after making sure those devices met all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

T-Mobile can process a SIM unlock for Android devices and file a request on behalf of the customer with Apple to have the SIM lock removed.  The customer and the device must meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements to be eligible for a SIM unlock.