OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro Android 13 completed, now what?

Badge

So the status is completed but the download isn't available yet. What's taking so long? 

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You wait for the update to roll out. It could happen tomorrow or two weeks from now and the update will roll out staggered.

Userlevel 1

That is the same question that I had. I made the mistake many OnePlus 9 (Pro) TMobile owners did in downloading Android 12 when it first came out. It absolutely destroyed my phone. I tried to explain to the TMobile rep at the store that it was a "Software Issue" NOT a Hardware Issue.  The only remedy he offered was to send me a replacement phone. I received the new phone with the stock Android 11 Op System. I haven't updated since and my phone has been at risk because of the broken update.  I kept an eye on T-Mobile's update page and saw that it was finally "Completed."  Unfortunately it turned out to be the broken Android 12 instead.  So aggravated! 

I really hope it drops soon. I'm also a bit worried though since the last 3 updates over the last year, which is ridiculous, have rendered so many aspects of my phone useless. I'm pretty irritated I spent almost $1k for a phone to be ruined due to a carrier. Next time I buy a phone I'm buying it from the manufacturer. No more waiting on T-Mobile bloatware riddled updates. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

due to the OEM..carriers dont create the updates..they kick in what they want/need included but OS updates themselves are handled and dealt with by the OEM..in this case OP.

which if you look at their forums you’ll see a nice jumble of chaos with a ton of Beta testing and then that being scrapped due to even more issues..wash rinse repeat...a LOT orf wash rinse repeat actually..

the add on bloat had zero to do with their issues seeing as how said issues were world wide.

Userlevel 1

due to the OEM..carriers dont create the updates..they kick in what they want/need included but OS updates themselves are handled and dealt with by the OEM..in this case OP.

which if you look at their forums you’ll see a nice jumble of chaos with a ton of Beta testing and then that being scrapped due to even more issues..wash rinse repeat...a LOT orf wash rinse repeat actually..

the add on bloat had zero to do with their issues seeing as how said issues were world wide.

I agree with part of what you said.  I'm more angry at T-Mobile for not being open and up front about the Android 12 Update for the OnePlus 9 (pro) phones. I've been calling customer support for over a year now and they act totally unaware that the A12 updates broke our phones!  Android released the A13 os back in August 2022.  I KNOW Tmobile is aware of the serious issues in regards to the T-Mobile OnePlus 9 (pro) phones because I filed a BBB Complaint and talked to an Executive about it! 

Why then the extremely LOOOOOOONG Delay in dropping the A13 update?  Instead of prioritizing the OnePlus Phones, TMO instead released all other phones first!  Also why does it now say "Completed" yet it still isn't available?  Honestly, I just want a differ Brand phone. I'll never get another thru T-Mobile. That I can tell you!   Maybe it's not T-Mobile who is responsible for releasing the updates, but it is T-Mobile's responsibility to NOT continue selling a defective phone?!? Right?   I paid almost a $1000 for a flagship device from T-Mobile when they knew full well that the device was experiencing significant "hardware breaking" issues.  That's why I'm upset with TMO.  I'm even more upset at the manufacturer OnePlus. 

I had the same question regarding my OnePlus 9 (Pro) TMobile device. Similar to many other owners, I mistakenly downloaded Android 12 when it was first released, which completely ruined my phone. When I explained to the TMobile representative that it was a "Software Issue" and not a Hardware issue, they only offered to send me a replacement phone. The new phone came with the default Android 11 Operating System, but I haven't updated it since then because of the risk of a broken update. I kept an eye on T-Mobile's update page and noticed that it was marked as "Completed," but unfortunately, it turned out to be the faulty Android 12 update. This situation has left me extremely frustrated because technology is growing day by day.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Instead of prioritizing the OnePlus Phones, TMO instead released all other phones first! 

you should take a nice long gander at their site and every one of their android 12 and 13 Beta tests over and over for the same update just yet another attempt and another attempt due to issues..the other OEMs kicked out before OP because THEY got theirs completed first..and with less issues.

https://community.oneplus.com/

heck just look at the dates and the posts for each new Beta kicking out and for what..you’ll see quite a few more people posting than just TMO customers in there.

Badge

The update is available for download, but I haven't installed it yet. 

This version is very best for each other this phone is best feacture

https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/new-a13-update-for-t-mobile-op9pro.4583965/

After upgrade to 13, my phone start to have 2 main problems.

1. On and off screen turn black out and the only way to bring it back is power off and on
  2. Signal is also turn off and on by itself.

Anyone experience these? And anyone know the fix?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how long ago did you download 13? if its been a week roughly that should be enough time for your phone to settle in with the update stuff.

are you by chance running a screen protector? and for the screen going off and on randomly...is this while its just sitting there or while on a call or something?

I updated few days ago, not sure what date but for sure it is less than one week.

I don’t have any screen protector app running. The first time it went black I was in the middle to Settings Gestures & motions. The second time was in Facebook, and the rest was sometime just sitting there without any active app then reboot itself.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so its a bit like the screen time out time has been changed up on your so mid use its just going black?

It is something like that except before it turns black screen. It is flashing for a sub second then turn completed dark.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

running power saver mode by chance? wouldnt be the first time i have came across a device that had power saver mode going a bit more aggressive than it should be. if you are running it turn it off..restart the phone..ensure its still off..then test it for a bit and see if things improve...worst case it might need a factory reset...but before that you might even switch the phone into safe mode in case its being caused by one of the apps you have downloaded on your phone..also not unhead of.

Sorry I have power saving is off. Factory reset would be the last resort and I think unless I can revert to before upgrade or unless the new fix is coming out, the problem still will happen. Also, I don’t think it is app the causing the issue since the first time it happened I was in system setting. 

Thanks for suggestion anyway.

It's getting worse that my phone will reboot itself by just sitting there then reboot again and again. I finally couldn't take it anymore and did the factory reset then copied data and app from the backup. Once it finished and I was in the middle to config then it happens again turning black screen then reboot. Then I did another factory reset, this time just started from scratch and painstakingly installed all apps and setup one by one. I thought this would fix the issue. But NO!!! It happens again and again of rebooting itself after few hours of using. I concluded this definitely a major bug for the Android 13. So disappointed ever since Android 12. Now I am ready to jump ship to the iPhone