OnePlus 9 Pro's Battery really s.cks

• 16 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

OnePlus 9 Pro's battery life is terrible, after using Spotify for 1 hour at night, YouTube app is running in the background, but YouTube is not open! In battery settings this looks. I left the phone with 38% and when I woke up it was down to 21%, it's clear software problem T-Mobile or OnePlus whoever is responsible should fix the problem!!!

2 replies

Userlevel 1

It's definitely not a software problem.  Most, if not all, TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro owners suffer with the same battery problems.  Then there is the problem with the long long long delays on updates.  I paid a $1000 for a phone a year and a half ago that is STILL on Android 11.  Why?  Because Android 12 broke mine and thousands of others phones.  It's absolutely mind numbing how long it takes TMobile to actually release their Android Updates.  I filed a BBB Complaint and an executive from Tmobile responded back.   He didn't address any of the complaints I had with the phone. Instead, be posts my payment history and acct details and said that it's not TMobile that delays the updates, but the manufacturer is to blame. I replied that was a crock of ****! Google releases the standard Android Updates and TMobile, etc adds their bloat ware to them and any other garbage they want to add.  Google released the Android 13 update Sept of last year.  Still waiting. .. ..  and waiting.   ... ..  and waiting. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

It's definitely not a software problem.  Most, if not all, TMobile OnePlus 9 Pro owners suffer with the same battery problems.  Then there is the problem with the long long long delays on updates.  I paid a $1000 for a phone a year and a half ago that is STILL on Android 11.  Why?  Because Android 12 broke mine and thousands of others phones.  It's absolutely mind numbing how long it takes TMobile to actually release their Android Updates.  I filed a BBB Complaint and an executive from Tmobile responded back.   He didn't address any of the complaints I had with the phone. Instead, be posts my payment history and acct details and said that it's not TMobile that delays the updates, but the manufacturer is to blame. I replied that was a crock of ****! Google releases the standard Android Updates and TMobile, etc adds their bloat ware to them and any other garbage they want to add.  Google released the Android 13 update Sept of last year.  Still waiting. .. ..  and waiting.   ... ..  and waiting. 

the OEM creates and fixes their own updates..the only thing carriers add into it is the bloat which the OEM also adds in.

same way its been for ages..as is if OnePlus didnt create the udpates..there wouldnt be a use for all the failed Beta testing they kept doing for Android 12 and 13 right?

https://community.oneplus.com/

this would be the forum for the U.S variants however they post the Betas in numerous areas to add to the confusion