Solved

Pixel 6 No Connection

Badge

I have a factory unlocked Pixel 6 that I’ve setup on my t-mobile account three weeks ago. Since then it has been nothing but a nightmare as far as cellular coverage goes. Anytime I’m away from Wi-Fi and trying to connect to the cell towers it’s a gamble (mostly a losing gamble) on if my phone will connect or not. I know it’s not a coverage issue as my wife’s iPhone will be right next to it and she has full coverage. I know it isn’t a sim card issue as I am using an eSim. I’ve tried resetting the network settings a couple of times but that hasn’t resolved the issue either. A little research has found that apparently this has been a common issue among the Pixel 6 community and T-Mobile. Has anyone found any other fixes that can bring stability to my phone’s connection?

icon

Best answer by Underwulf 5 September 2022, 04:26

View original

24 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@syaoran 

any ideas?

even though its set up with esim..are you still able to make changes to your ASN?

if so perhaps that might be the issue..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I am not that familiar with eSIM's.  There should be a way to re-download it, but I am not sure how that is done.  All of my SIM's are physical SIM's currently.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

not familiar with them either lol..should still be the same though i would think..devices brought in as a BYOD would need ASN adjustments? or the OP can confirm they match up with what is posted in the link

Badge

@syaoran

any ideas?

even though its set up with esim..are you still able to make changes to your ASN?

if so perhaps that might be the issue..

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

I checked those settings compared to what was on the phone and everything matched except APN Name, APN type, and APN Protocol. I created a new APN to match the link so I’ll report back the results.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how did it go or not go?

Badge

No change. It disconnected this morning and refuses to reconnect.

I just got rma replacement pixel 6 from google and it drops data EVERYTIME i leave wifi. I’m over this phone.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

wonder if its an issue with that phone and the esim? not sure if tossing a physical sim into the phone would mess up the esim side but that would rule out an issue with the esim/phone

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I’m using a Pixel 6 with a sim and I have no issues with connections dropping going from WIFI to cellular or vice versa.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

wonder if its an issue with that phone and the esim? not sure if tossing a physical sim into the phone would mess up the esim side but that would rule out an issue with the esim/phone

Using a physical SIM and an eSIM on a Pixel is essentially a dual-SIM configuration that works just like a dual physical SIM device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

no i was meaning since they are currently running a ESIM if they tossed in a physical SIM from another TMO phone (for test purposes only)..would it end up messing anything up for the ESIM side when they remove the physical SIM.

Did anyone get any resolution on this? I have a physical sim in a pixel 6 pro. I have already had the phone replaced once for this issue, and the issue continues. Same for my wife’s phone.

I recently started having this issue. It's been a problem for the last couple of weeks, but it never was an issue for me the entire year prior while living in this same location. Now I have to be on Wifi at home, but even with Wifi calling, a lot of the time it will say there is no mobile data to connect to phone calls, sometimes it also happens in town. Not sure what's happening. Solar flare? Lol

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

unless your sim card is going funky..physical sim or esim?

I'm surprised this is still going on. I had the pixel 6 at launch via T-Mobile and had the same issues as original post (won't connect automatically to network when I leave wifi) along with losing wifi even though I shouldn't have. Besides that and not having face unlock, I gave up after 3 months since the promised updates never fixed it and it started affecting my work with client calls ( I work from home). Switched to OnePlus, which isn't perfect, but at least I don't have to worry multiple times a day of losing network access. 

Its frustrating because Google and TMobile provide zero help and point to the other party. I want to get pixel 7, but nervous based on previous experience and it looks like it isn't resolved.

I started experiencing the same issue. In addition to the low cell signal and failure to receive calls at times, I also experience constant Bluetooth disconnects and occasional times where the phone is warm to the touch. My wife and daughter have iPhone's and signal strength is not an issue for them. My warranty expires Nov 2022 so I have decided to send this in for repair. I’ll keep you all posted on the outcome.

I recently started having this issue. It's been a problem for the last couple of weeks, but it never was an issue for me the entire year prior while living in this same location. Now I have to be on Wifi at home, but even with Wifi calling, a lot of the time it will say there is no mobile data to connect to phone calls, sometimes it also happens in town. Not sure what's happening. Solar flare? Lol

Same! My husband and I both have pixel 6 and he has service in our house but I don't . I notice when I turn off my wifi then it picks up service....this phone is garbage 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Same! My husband and I both have pixel 6 and he has service in our house but I don't . I notice when I turn off my wifi then it picks up service....this phone is garbage 

It’s not the phone itself.  It’s the mess that Android 12 still is.  These issues and others affect almost all Android devices running Android 12.  

I had this same issue, I turned off roaming and it seems to help atm.

I have tried cycling multiple settings on and off and think I have found a solution. I turned Adaptive Connectivity off and the last 5 times I disconnected from my wifi my service has been up and ready 

Badge

This is a known issue. Google it and you will see how bad the situation is. It’s not a T-Mobile issue. It’s a Google issue. I had the 6 Pro on AT&T and had the same issues. At first everything was fine until updates started rolling out. Where I didn’t have issues before the updates, now my phone was buggy as hell. It would get very hot. Sometimes the battery would drain in 4 hours with same usage. Signal would drop to LTE or would just not have a signal at all. It started to freeze at times. Even when it would show it had signal strength it would not connect to data, cellular or wi-fi.   

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

This is a known issue. Google it and you will see how bad the situation is. It’s not a T-Mobile issue. It’s a Google issue. I had the 6 Pro on AT&T and had the same issues. At first everything was fine until updates started rolling out. Where I didn’t have issues before the updates, now my phone was buggy as hell. It would get very hot. Sometimes the battery would drain in 4 hours with same usage. Signal would drop to LTE or would just not have a signal at all. It started to freeze at times. Even when it would show it had signal strength it would not connect to data, cellular or wi-fi.   

^^This

Google Pixel Forums are filled with complaints about connections around the world.  I no longer have my p6 as I need my service to work.  I carry a iPhone 13 Pro, and S22U as my dailies.  I couldn’t stand losing service ever couple hours for a few hours.

https://9to5google.com/2022/07/11/pixel-6-connectivity-problems/

https://www.androidauthority.com/google-pixel-6-series-connectivity-poll-results-3183677/

https://www.androidauthority.com/pixel-6-pro-connectivity-issues-3181350/

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/search?q=mobile+network&from_promoted_search=true

I am having the same problem: calls do not come through. I must restart it, it works for a couple of hours then stops again. The sim has been replaced.  I am on my 3rd replacement phone- all pixel 6 pro. They have made me turn it in three times before they will consider a switch to a different phone. 

This all started around August. I got the phone in January. It makes no sense, but I am glad to know I am not crazy; that this is a known problem. 

I have two iphones on the same plan in the same area that have not had this issue. 

I am having the same issues with dropped service. I have the unlimited data plan and I am in a great spot in Chicago for service. 

I am having to use my Wi-Fi in my house to write this. I never do. I am not trying to get another phone. I just paid the Google pixel 6 off. 

This is crazy. I am unhappy that other customers are going or have gone through the same thing.