Question

S21+ stopped showing delivered/read receipts

Badge

I was able to see if my texts were delivered/read to other Android users and it randomly stopped working.  Tried going into settings, everything is turned on. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

randomly stopped working for everyone or only specific contacts?

same thing happened to my S20 as of Saturdays recent update, the option would appear for each contact and it is no longer there.;it is though set up in Settings but still not working. 

Badge

randomly stopped working for everyone or only specific contacts?

Any of my contacts that had Android 😔 customer service had me go into message setting but everything is toggled correctly and it didnt fix issue 

Badge

same thing happened to my S20 as of Saturdays recent update, the option would appear for each contact and it is no longer there.;it is though set up in Settings but still not working. 

Same for me, PLEASE update here if you find a solution. Customer support chat gave options and none worked. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Samsungs texting app or someone elses?

Well...hate to be the bearer of bad news but the “engineers” did it again. I did an update yesterday. Since then same problems you guys got. No blue dot next to contacts, no delivery of a text, no read, and no seeing other person type back.  I called T-mobile and then was referred to “Samsung”. Went through everything before she confirmed that feature was removed from the update. Glad I switched years ago from electronics engineering to a technician cause these guys don't know their from crap. Like what were you thinking? Why would you get rid of a feature I use daily? I told the woman at Samsung get ready for a high call volume cause its coming. She said she didn’t want to hear that! She said I was the first call. I told her Ill dump my phone and g oto google or Iphone and never buy Samsung again...OUCH!  But Ill do it!!!

Good luck!

Russ

*T-Mobile values your opinion because it shows us how we need to grow. This is a family friendly space, so I have removed the profanity. -HeavenM

my read receipt is back up for my contacts as of almost 2 weeks ago, just suddenly my husband and I randomly started seeing "read" receipts.   I'm  a  happy Tmobile customer again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

keep in mind that Samsung uses their own texting app..so usually if there is an issue Samsung must be the one to fix it.

worst case you can always download Google Messages and use that as a backup.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Look at your contact app.  Do you see dots next to certain people names?  Also it may not be an issue with you.  The person you are messaging may have turned theirs off.  It takes 2 people to be connected to ICS for those to work.  One person may be connected and the other may not be connected.  At times it could regional for example my cousin and my father in CT it went away, but a week later they came back.  I had it for everyone else.  It may not even be T-Mobile at all.

Samsung used to use their own then made a deal with Google to use Jibe.  All carriers are starting to move on board with Google as well instead of going with their own. It is still a work in progress.

Well...hate to be the bearer of bad news but the “engineers” did it again. I did an update yesterday. Since then same problems you guys got. No blue dot next to contacts, no delivery of a text, no read, and no seeing other person type back.  I called T-mobile and then was referred to “Samsung”. Went through everything before she confirmed that feature was removed from the update. Glad I switched years ago from electronics engineering to a technician cause these guys don't know their from crap. Like what were you thinking? Why would you get rid of a feature I use daily? I told the woman at Samsung get ready for a high call volume cause its coming. She said she didn’t want to hear that! She said I was the first call. I told her Ill dump my phone and g oto google or Iphone and never buy Samsung again...OUCH!  But Ill do it!!!

Good luck!

Russ

*T-Mobile values your opinion because it shows us how we need to grow. This is a family friendly space, so I have removed the profanity. -HeavenM

I just went through this YESTERDAY and they're still playing d u m b . Went through all the Tmobile techs, then Samsung but they're telling me to go in to a Samsung store and have them hook it up to a computer.