Question

Samsung A32 5G will not update

Badge

In trying to update my A32 5G the newest Android update the new one, A326USQU7AVB1 it will not update.  After downloading the update it restarts and the android icon goes to 25% and says error and just boots to the current configuration.  Is this anything I can fix?   We have another A32 that updated perfectly.   

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

it isnt rooted or anything is it?

Badge

Fireguy don’t believe so.  We bought these from T-Mobile direct and did not do anything other than load apps and use them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

try booting the phone into safe mode..might have something conflicting with the update. also how is your internal memory and ram?

How did you fix this, having same issue.

After downloading the update it restarts and the android icon goes to 25% and says error and just boots to the current configuration.  Is this anything I can fix?   We have another A32 that updated perfectly. 

Badge

We have the exact same problem.  My phone (with no games etc) on it worked perfectly and even just upgraded to Android 12 with no issue.  My wife’s A32 OTOH does the 25% and that is it.  Tried the safe procedure above and all was the same.  

Same here, mine updated and my husband's did not. Kept getting error at 25 percent and back to old version. I did a chat with tmobile this morning. They believe it is a technical issue and since the phone is under warranty, they are shipping a new one. 

Badge

I will do the same.   Thank you!

To anyone in the future who has this issue, I found a fix to this, I can’t guarantee it’ll work, but it worked on my first try. So basically I connected the Samsung device to a computer and pushed the update from the computer to the phone.
Now here’s a step by step guide:

1. Backup your information, just in case the unexpected happens and this should always be done as a safe practice. You can do this by going into settings, click Samsung account, if you’re already logged in click your name at the top, then click Samsung Cloud, make sure everything you want to back up is toggled to on, then click backup. Wait for it to complete and move on to the next step.
  2. On your phone go to the play store, search up Smart Switch, if it says open then you’re perfect, but if it says update or download then simply update or download the app.
  3. Open the app on the phone
  4. search up Smart Switch download for PC, make sure you are going to the official Samsung website and not a fishy looking site. Then download it onto your computer, once you’ve done that we’re almost finished.
  5. connect your device to the computer with your Samsung charging cable, if the device is not being recognized by the Smart Switch application on the computer there maybe some extra steps which I’ll mention in step 6. If you’re computer recognized the Samsung device, skip step 6
  6. go to settings app on your phone, scroll all the way down to About Phone, click software information, click Build Number for about 7-8 times, enter your passcode if it asks for it, now click the back button, click it again, now under About Phone there should be a new setting called Developer Options, click it, now be very careful to not accidentally turn on any other settings than what I’m going to mention, turn on USB Debugging, in tiny font under it it may state “Debug mode when USB is connected,”. Now connect it again to the computer, and the computer should definitely recognize the device. 
  7. Now there should be an option in below the Backup and Restore buttons labeled as Update, click it and then update the phone, make sure to not disconnect or touch the phone once the update has started. Only do so once the computer Smart Switch app tells you to do so. 
  8. Now once you patiently wait a few minutes the update has been pushed through and you should be up to date, unless you have more software updates to download.

good luck and hope this helps anyone in the future who runs across this error

I visited my Tmobile store who after examining my phone referred me to Mobile Kangaroo. They said their computer was only connected to Tmobile and couldn’t do the procedure mentioned by RepairTech. They didn’t see anything wrong with the phone and had no idea why the update failed.

I went home and did the entire procedure recommended by RepairTech and it worked flawlessly. The only thing I would add is make sure that the cable is connected directly to your computer, not to a separate USB hub. 

Thank you RepairTech and good luck to anyone else having this issue.

When I try the procedure described by RepairTech my computer and phone say they are connected, but when I click the Update button nothing happens. Any advice?

To anyone in the future who has this issue, I found a fix to this, I can’t guarantee it’ll work, but it worked on my first try. So basically I connected the Samsung device to a computer and pushed the update from the computer to the phone.

1. Backup your information, just in case the unexpected happens and this should always be done as a safe practice. You can do this by going into settings, click Samsung account, if you’re already logged in click your name at the top, then click Samsung Cloud, make sure everything you want to back up is toggled to on, then click backup. Wait for it to complete and move on to the next step.
  2. On your phone go to the play store, search up Smart Switch, if it says open then you’re perfect, but if it says update or download then simply update or download the app.
  4. search up Smart Switch download for PC, make sure you are going to the official Samsung website and not a fishy looking site. Then download it onto your computer, once you’ve done that we’re almost finished.
  5. connect your device to the computer with your Samsung charging cable, if the device is not being recognized by the Smart Switch application on the computer there maybe some extra steps which I’ll mention in step 6. If you’re computer recognized the Samsung device, skip step 6
  6. go to settings app on your phone, scroll all the way down to About Phone, click software information, click Build Number for about 7-8 times, enter your passcode if it asks for it, now click the back button, click it again, now under About Phone there should be a new setting called Developer Options, click it, now be very careful to not accidentally turn on any other settings than what I’m going to mention, turn on USB Debugging, in tiny font under it it may state “Debug mode when USB is connected,”. Now connect it again to the computer, and the computer should definitely recognize the device. 
  7. Now there should be an option in below the Backup and Restore buttons labeled as Update, click it and then update the phone, make sure to not disconnect or touch the phone once the update has started. Only do so once the computer Smart Switch app tells you to do so. 
  8. Now once you patiently wait a few minutes the update has been pushed through and you should be up to date, unless you have more software updates to download.

This worked perfectly for me.

This worked on my phone. I had tried all of the above including talking to T-Mobile support (they’re clueless) and Samsung support. (also clueless) 

This worked on my phone. I had tried all of the above including talking to T-Mobile support (they’re clueless) and Samsung support. (also clueless)