Question

Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 5g

• 19 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

There seems a serious hardware issue with the Samsung Galaxy Flip 4. The idea of this phone and utility is amazing and convenient. However, after 6 months the phone hinge feature locked up and I was unable to open the phone completely. Then at nearly the same time a black spot appeared in the middle of the phone. This black spot grew quickly to cover approximately 80% of the phone screen. This rendered the phone incredible difficult to utilize. Now, I have been questioned on this phone my numerous people over the time I had this phone. I always spoke of the phone in a positive way. I’ve also been a big advocate of T-Mobile and the coverage and services provided. 

Upon bringing the now unusable phone in to the store. I was told I couldn’t get the phone replaced at the store. As we all know, having phone service is incredibly phone important, imperative to many. I pay the $18 plus for the insurance. I was told I could pay $100 to get a new phone delivered Next Day Air. I was also informed that the T-Mobile employee helping stated that they are aware of the typical issue the Samsung Galaxy Flip 4 is having these known hardware failure issues. 

I was the informed I would need to pay $5 for a warrantied replacement. I agreed. However, I would have to wait several days to obtain a new phone. The $1000 phone I had was unusable. 

I’m just wondering how many people out there think it’s unreasonable for T-mobile force it’s customers to go without the ability to communicate, conduct business, stay in touch with family and friends on their network and not inform all the paying customers that are in possession of the Samsung Flip 4 of the rather common catastrophic hardware failure? A recall? It would appear T-Mobile and or Samsung aren’t owning up to this issue. 

Should good loyal paying customers be subjected to this negligence?

Anyone else have issues with the Samsung Galaxy Flip phones?

3 replies

Yes, I'm on my 2nd z flip4 and it only lasted 2 months the 2nd time around, it's a defective screen and Samsung KNOWS this, it's leaving a bad taste in my mouth about the waiting on a replacement for THEIR DEFECTIVE product 

I'm having the same issue, just don't know where to go, samsung has pulled a fast one on us and has left us out to dry, exactly 1 year after my phone warranty expired it messed up down the folding center of the screen big black line. Called them, didn't do anything said I was out of warranty, cmon Tmobile take care of us, don't let Samsung have their way with us. And I never used the folding feature that's the weird part.

My first z fold 4 had the hinge issue and wouldn't open over 60% of the way. T mobile warrantied it out almost 2 months ago.  Now yesterday I started getting a white line across the entire right side of the inner screen, and it started acting like I was tapping icons, it called 911, My Mom and was acting possessed. I use it for work as an Adjuster. I have a full protective case and all. Never dropped, never rough handled. I wonder if these Z Fold 4 issues have been resolved with the Z Fold 5, and I'm going to ask about swapping it out for a 5 because I cannot keep going through this every couple months.