Solved

Samsung S10e back separating

• 10 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I’ve had my Galaxy S10e since 2019.  I noticed a couple weeks ago that the back of the phone is separating from the front.  It’s open almost down the entire side. (I can even see the “glue” used to attach the front and back). I didn’t purchase insurance on it so that’s an issue.  I’ve been on the phone all day in between talking to TMobile and Samsung.  Basically TMobile tells me “oh well, time to upgrade” and Samsung tells me it’s out of warranty, which I’m fully aware.  I’m 99.9% sure it’s the battery expanding.  When I try to “close” the back I feel something pushing against it.  Of course, I’ve been Googling this and it seems this is a pretty common issue with this phone.  Any suggestions?  Thanks for any help!  Lynn

icon

Best answer by fireguy_6364 10 November 2023, 22:48

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If the battery is expanding time to get rid of the phone than have a fire risk. I had an LG V60 that did the same thing.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you have insurance you can try to do a insurance swap..if you do not however then only thing that can be recommended would be to either take it in somewhere to be fixed or upgrade to a newer phone.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Two of the best reply's I can think of.