Question

Switch to Jibe servers

• 25 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge +1

Now that T-Mobile made the official announcement to move back to Jibe for RCS, what is the plan to roll out the changes? Will this be changed on all phones or only future phones? I ask about what models because they didn’t change older phones over to T-Mobile servers. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Jibe was always what I have seen when using RCS with Android Messages on my s23 Ultra from T-Mobile.  I don't normally bother with RCS or Google or Samsung's messaging apps because they lack so many features and functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

havent ran into any issues using GM with my V60 or prior LG device.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Now that T-Mobile made the official announcement to move back to Jibe for RCS, what is the plan to roll out the changes? Will this be changed on all phones or only future phones? I ask about what models because they didn’t change older phones over to T-Mobile servers. 

Most Android phones 2018 and newer already have the capability to use RCS without any changes or effort on their part. From my understanding, if you did not have RCS before, then it is included in an update to the messaging app. That update can be initiated in the Play Store. 

Badge +1

From what I here, AT&T is still dragging their feet ever since they announced they're shifting back to Jibe.

I'm in the same boat. I've tried contacting T-Mobile representatives, and the answer is basically " hurry up and wait ". You would think that they would have this process actually rolling out before making all these announcements..

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

By the time it seems to catch up with some of you.  You probably won't be able to easily tell from that point on because where it tells you in the app which RCS server you are using, is being removed by Google. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

yeah i just had a update roll through a couple days ago and it no longer says.