Question

virus

• 26 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge

so I apparently got a virus on my phone. I think I know how I got it/where it came from. My question is… If I take the sim card out and reset the phone to factory and put the sim card back in, will I still have my pics and contacts?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If the phone was backed up with the virus when you reinstall the virus will also reinstall. Best thing to do is hook the phone to your pc and scan it with your pc anti-virus program.

Badge

I have backed up my pics to my amazon acct. I guess what I am mainly looking  to do is how do I save my contacts to put them back on the phone after I reset phone to factory?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Depending on your device.  You could save your contacts to your Apple account or your Gmail account.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you just do a factory reset and reinsert the SIM, you will be starting over from scratch. You would have to restore from some backup. I suggest you can safely restore photos and contacts but be very circumspect about the apps you restore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I wouldn't even restore the pictures and contacts since they could be corrupted. When I worked part time for a friend at his computer repair shop we always pulled the hard drive and connected it to another pc and ran the scan to get rid of the virus.