Solved

What does your Pixel 6 / P6 Pro pre-order look like?

• 25 October 2021
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I paid off a “free” phone, upgraded my account and don’t see the Pixel 6 Pro pre-order in my order status.  Is this normal?  If you have a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro pre-ordered, how does that appear on your account?  

Did you complete the device agreement signature, etc at time of pre-order?

Customer service has provided an order number and assured the pre-order is in.  It feels rather vague and a bit alarming that there is zero way to track the order, no way to know expected ship date, etc.

icon

Best answer by Toki-Toes 26 October 2021, 02:11

View original

50 replies

I went to T-Mobile’s site, logged in, checked my account. at the top right on the Support Pull-Down there is a link to check status of your order and it should list your preorder and estimated ship dates.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I went to T-Mobile’s site, logged in, checked my account. at the top right on the Support Pull-Down there is a link to check status of your order and it should list your preorder and estimated ship dates.

And  your Pixel 6 pre-order shows there?

For whatever reason mine is not.  I've contacted support 3 times but have the sneaking suspicion we will get to Thursday and someone somewhere missed a step in the order logging process. :/

I’ve specifically asked them to check that, and been assured its just because its a pre-order phone.  Well, great, if your shipping time is 3-5 days then a phone being mailed for me to receive it Friday would have to ship tomorrow at the latest.  So I would expect the order to surface.

The Pre-order is listed with an estimated ship date between 11/12 and 11/18. This is not shipping info as in tracking from a shipper. It’s a date range in which T-Mobile expects to ship my phone. When they ship, I expect a notification, and tracking information for the shipment. Between now and then, nada.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Currently as of right now I'm having similar issues as you.

1st when I tried to make the purchase on T-Mobile's website as soon as preorders became available, there was some type of technical issue that was confirmed by customer care who confirmed that with the IT department. Then about 3-4 hours later the website was working again and I was able to purchase the device.

So after I completed the transaction I never received any confirmation email and any of my DocuSign emails that I should've received after placing the order. Which I was able to confirm on T-Mobile's website and through the app that I had an order processing. The order said that it was supposed to ship out on the 27th of October and then arrive to me in 1-2 days.

Then yesterday the order changed the shipping date from the 27th to the 28th. Now as of this morning (10-26), the order has completely disappeared from the T-Mobile app on the home screen, under the orders tab and on T-Mobile's website after logging into my account.

On top of all this,bI know people that ordered the device from the Google store, other carriers as well as T-Mobile and they've already received their device. My friend who has T-Mobile as well also preordered after me and already received his device.

Userlevel 2
Badge

And  your Pixel 6 pre-order shows there?

For whatever reason mine is not.  I've contacted support 3 times but have the sneaking suspicion we will get to Thursday and someone somewhere missed a step in the order logging process. :/

I’ve specifically asked them to check that, and been assured its just because its a pre-order phone.  Well, great, if your shipping time is 3-5 days then a phone being mailed for me to receive it Friday would have to ship tomorrow at the latest.  So I would expect the order to surface.

I've received phones directly from T-Mobile before earlier than the release date and even before the tracking number was able to generate as well. I'm not saying that this is your case, but I'm just saying that this has happened to me before so maybe this can be what's going on and maybe you will receive it today or tomorrow.

Which whatever the situation is, the best of luck to you and I hope that you get your phone when you're supposed to.

Userlevel 2
Badge

After some of the responses here, I went into the store to see if they could help get to the bottom of things.  Somewhere, somehow, the pre-order went from the customer care team into the “wrong” system.

It didn’t trigger the equipment agreement, so it didn't get a place in “line” or show up as a valid order.  

All in all - despite calling on the 19th right after the phone showed on the website, and despite 3 different support conversations assuring me I have a valid order…. I didn't have a valid order.

So we fixed that and now I am “back of the line” and will get the phone weeks after release.  I’m not happy.  It’s also a first world problem, so keeping perspective and going on with my life.  Just really wouldnt recommend the T-mobile experience to anyone anytime soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

never was a huge fan of pre orders..in all the years i was helping over at Sprint and then here i have yet to see ANY pre order go smoothly lol.

Userlevel 2
Badge

So after I completed the transaction I never received any confirmation email and any of my DocuSign emails that I should've received after placing the order. Which I was able to confirm on T-Mobile's website and through the app that I had an order processing. The order said that it was supposed to ship out on the 27th of October and then arrive to me in 1-2 days.

If you didn't e-sign the equipment agreement, you don't have an order.  Go into a store and have them confirm!  The hard lesson today to me...

My order still shows up and I signed documents and it still says it ships by 10/28 but I still have yet to be charged for the phone. I spoke with a rep yesterday and he assured me that the issue is that they haven't received the phone's from Google yet. I find that hard to believe. If I'm not charged for the phone by Thursday I might be better off going into the store and seeing if they have any there especially since it seems like it's letting me pre-order the phone a 2nd time. I don't think I have a valid order. 

If you didn't e-sign the equipment agreement, you don't have an order.  Go into a store and have them confirm!  The hard lesson today to me...

I have the e-sign for the equipment agreement but seem to be in the same boat.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Have you tried looking up your order at the customer care order tracker?  It can see some orders that dont show in the normal system.

https://www.t-mobile.com/order-status

Have you tried looking up your order at the customer care order tracker?  It can see some orders that dont show in the normal system.

Yup, and it doesn't show up.

Yup, and it doesn't show up.

Its still showing in my app but I can't find it anywhere else. Talking with a rep now.

T-Mobile is telling me that my order did go through successfully but it will not ship until launch day in the 28th and that is when I will be charged. I'm not optimistic.

Userlevel 2
Badge

T-Mobile is telling me that my order did go through successfully but it will not ship until launch day in the 28th and that is when I will be charged. I'm not optimistic.

That is what they told me too. I can only hope yours works! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

That is what they told me too. I can only hope yours works! 

Does your order number begin with an S or is it a 12 digit code of all numbers?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I was told different things by different reps. One told me that it was shipping out on the 28th, another one told me that I'm receiving it on the 28th, another one told me that I can get it anywhere up until the 28th and another one told me that I may not even get a tracking number because it may come faster than the tracking number is able to generate. Which this has happened to me before in the past with other preorders and I ended up even getting the device earlier before release day.

Total BS. I was told  and showed “Pre-Ordered devices ship October 25, and market launch is October 28.”

I would not have gone through T-Mobile had I known they would not be delivering the phone on or before the launch day. I should have went through Google Store like I have always done in the past. So much for the Google and T-Mobile partnership.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Total BS. I was told  and showed “Pre-Ordered devices ship October 25, and market launch is October 28.”

I would not have gone through T-Mobile had I known they would not be delivering the phone on or before the launch day. I should have went through Google Store like I have always done in the past. So much for the Google and T-Mobile partnership.

I believe that there is no millimeter-wave 5G band on the unlocked version 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Also here's an update. As of 9:30 AM ET on 10-27 I'm still not seeing my order. Also if I manually put in the order number and the rest of the info on T-Mobile's check order page I keep getting this. Also in the app and on the website under my account it tells me that I don't have any orders either. Which from the 19th until the 25th I was able to see my order on the app and website, then since the 26th all the information has completely disappeared.

I called the customer care team again today and they said my order now is back ordered and has no ESD/EDD.

Totally pissed and would never have gone through T-Mobile if I would have known I would not be getting it on or before launch day. I would have gotten it through Google Store like I normally do.

T-Mobile totally failed me and my confidence took a step back.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I called the customer care team again today and they said my order now is back ordered and has no ESD/EDD.

Totally pissed and would never have gone through T-Mobile if I would have known I would not be getting it on or before launch day. I would have gotten it through Google Store like I normally do.

So I just had some time and was able to call T-Mobile. Upon doing so they told me that my order was on backorder just like for you. Then they told me that it's supposed to ship out tomorrow instead of today and that I should receive it by November 1st now.

I have some other stuff to do, but I'm going to call them again a little later and speak to a different agent. The reason for that is because when I called I had a bad experience. I got one of my community members on the phone and then I explained to him what was going on with my order, only for them to immediately transfer me to some person overseas. That person was not really helpful and really didn't want to do anything for me. He actually tried to put the blame on the community team member, and told me that he's able to do all of this and he should've never transferred me. I asked to get transferred back they said no, I asked to speak to a manager and his department they said no.

So I just had some time and was able to call T-Mobile. Upon doing so they told me that my order was on backorder just like for you. Then they told me that it's supposed to ship out tomorrow instead of today and that I should receive it by November 1st now.

I have some other stuff to do, but I'm going to call them again a little later and speak to a different agent. The reason for that is because when I called I had a bad experience. I got one of my community members on the phone and then I explained to him what was going on with my order, only for them to immediately transfer me to some person overseas. That person was not really helpful and really didn't want to do anything for me. He actually tried to put the blame on the community team member, and told me that he's able to do all of this and he should've never transferred me. I asked to get transferred back they said no, I asked to speak to a manager and his department they said no.

How did you get a community member here stateside? I have called 3 times and have always gotten someone in Asia?

I been asking on Twitter and Facebook social contact us and so far nothing has been good at all and options are worse than just waiting for the backorder. Just so frustrated with the whole process and everything.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I believe that there is no millimeter-wave 5G band on the unlocked version 

Pixel 6 (non pro) has no MM wave 5G on the Unlocked (model G9S9B).

The Verizon Pixel 6 and all models of Pixel 6 Pro have MM wave 5G (models GB7N6 and G9S9B16).

Official document:

https://support.google.com/pixelphone/answer/10082009?hl=en

Userlevel 2
Badge

Sorry, I am right there with you.  Iwent from an order I placed on 10/19 that should have been near front of the line during the initial rush, which through no fault of my own, reserved nothing, was nothing.

And as of yesterday, I got to join the back of the line for “hopefully mid november”.

And my local t-mobile stores arent getting Pro inventory - the highest volume store in my area is getting 7 regular Pixel 6 across the 3 colors between now and December unit allocation.  Zero pro. So they couldnt even try to fix it that way by doing an order and a local fulfillment out of initial stock.

Literally, t-mobile screwed it up and the resolution they could offer?  “Gee sorry, that sucks, you are stuck, chuck!”