Solved

What does your Pixel 6 / P6 Pro pre-order look like?

• 25 October 2021
  • 50 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I paid off a “free” phone, upgraded my account and don’t see the Pixel 6 Pro pre-order in my order status.  Is this normal?  If you have a Pixel 6 or Pixel 6 Pro pre-ordered, how does that appear on your account?  

Did you complete the device agreement signature, etc at time of pre-order?

Customer service has provided an order number and assured the pre-order is in.  It feels rather vague and a bit alarming that there is zero way to track the order, no way to know expected ship date, etc.

icon

Best answer by Toki-Toes 26 October 2021, 02:11

View original

50 replies

I’m afraid I am too pushed now to mid November even though I ordered this phone before release day as a pre-order with expectations of the 28th shipment. Very Disappointed 😔 

FWIW, I just preordered a 6 Pro at a T-Mobile store tonight (Oct 27) and my order shows an expected ship date of Nov 12-18.  No idea if that is accurate or a placeholder or what.  Not disappointed, because they are sold out at Google anyway and I didn't expect that I would get one right away after waiting this long to place a pre-order. 

Just flipping BS preorder the pixel 6 Pro within an hours or the release and bring told it would ship on the 25th and be delivered in our before the 28th to now showing middle to end of November.

Just so pissed off right now at T-Mobile. You did nothing for me to think you were any better than the other carriers. All you did was lie and take my money and change my grandfather plan over and didn't even deliver one single thing. 

Don't think I will ever order a phone through you again based on this awful purchase experience.

Let's hope maybe it will ship by the end of November now until you change it again. 

FWIW, I just preordered a 6 Pro at a T-Mobile store tonight (Oct 27) and my order shows an expected ship date of Nov 12-18.  No idea if that is accurate or a placeholder or what.  Not disappointed, because they are sold out at Google anyway and I didn't expect that I would get one right away after waiting this long to place a pre-order. 

Update:   I found an error in my order when I got home and had to call support to get it fixed, which required cancelling the order and placing a new one.   It also showed an expected ship date of Nov 12-18.   But in the morning (Oct 29) I noticed a different problem with the new order, which required another call to support and yet another new order to fix it.   This last time the initial order confirmation said anticipated ship date of Nov 19-Dec 03.   And when I check the status of the order on their web site, it says anticipated ship date of Dec 03.   No idea if this reordering process really slipped the delivery date or if TMO now has more accurate estimates or if TMO is being conservative in their estimates.   Oh well. 

My order was supposed to be ship by 10/28 and when i checked the status there isn’t a tracking number. contacted t-mobile rep they have checked my account and provided the tracking number. 10/28 date orders are getting shipped today account should updated with the tracking numbers soon. i have to wait until tomorrow to get the actual delivery date.

Userlevel 2
Badge

My order was supposed to be ship by 10/28 and when i checked the status there isn’t a tracking number. contacted t-mobile rep they have checked my account and provided the tracking number. 10/28 date orders are getting shipped today account should updated with the tracking numbers soon. i have to wait until tomorrow to get the actual delivery date.

That’s good to see!   Congratulations, I know its pretty aggravating to not truly be on “day one” but still you know its coming quickly!

That is great! Thank you for sharing! 

That is awesome too hear. Did your card get charged yet or you still waiting for it to get show it being charged and paid for?

I checked mine and mine is still messed up and checked my credit card to see if maybe it had been charged but it hadn't. 

I am hoping but I am planning to be disappointed and it showing up at mid to end November.

That is awesome too hear. Did your card get charged yet or you still waiting for it to get show it being charged and paid for?

I checked mine and mine is still messed up and checked my credit card to see if maybe it had been charged but it hadn't. 

I am hoping but I am planning to be disappointed and it showing up at mid to end November.

i am not seeing any charges on my card so far. My monthly plan is already updated and showing the bill for the new pixel device.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am hoping but I am plann

i am not seeing any charges on my card so far. My monthly plan is already updated and showing the bill for the new pixel device.

I have to admit that this is an unexpected combination and I would be worried too.

The good thing is that a difference in charges can be fixed by customer care, if it's a real problem.

Shipping update:

Device shipped from Louisville,KY with ETA Wednesday, November 03 by 7:00 P.M. (UPS Carrier)

Userlevel 2
Badge

Shipping update:

Device shipped from Louisville,KY with ETA Wednesday, November 03 by 7:00 P.M. (UPS Carrier)

Fantastic! I bet that is a relief. Now the shipping arrival anticipation starts :)

Shipping update:

Fantastic! I bet that is a relief. Now the shipping arrival anticipation starts :)

Yeah second part of waiting game. Checking the tracking number every hours 😂

Badge

I placed an order with local T-Mobile store on 10/20. Order Status on the app said by 10/28. Now it says 11/12-11/18 on the app but the website still says 10/28. Called a majority of the stores in my state and they told me that I have to order it (already did) and the order status page says to contact stores if you want it sooner but all the stores are saying to order it. How could they f*CK this up so badly? If this were the iPhone or Galaxy, everyone would have their phones today. Furthermore, people on other carriers are getting theirs in so this is solely a T-mobile issue. 

@jags nice that is awesome good for you that is awesome.

I was told by customer care today that mine is November 19th. Local stores said they are not getting the pro model until middle to end of November so to pre-order it since they are not sure how many they will end up getting.

This whole release has been a big Charlie Foxtrot.

Whoops. Sorry for you. That inventory sucks due to chip shortage issue. 

Badge

Whoops. Sorry for you. That inventory sucks due to chip shortage issue. 

Bullsh*t, how the hell are you getting yours before me? I pre-ordered on the 19th just like the rest of us. The one thing that can cheer me up right now given my life and I can't have it. Bet you're also going to enjoy the fall colors this weekend with your S/O too.

No fall colors in SoCal

Pre-ordered 10/19 the moment the website finally stopped giving error messages.

Showed est ship date 10/28

Now showing est ship date 11/12 - 11/18

Fingers crossed it does not get pushed back further.

I pre ordered 2 pixel 6 pro cloudy white on 10/24. Still no updates. Status in order tracking says "running" which was told just means there waiting to run payment method when the device ships. Was told eta of 11/12 to 11/18... really just want my phones!! 

Cmon tmobile... 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Total BS. I was told  and showed “Pre-Ordered devices ship October 25, and market launch is October 28.”

I would not have gone through T-Mobile had I known they would not be delivering the phone on or before the launch day. I should have went through Google Store like I have always done in the past. So much for the Google and T-Mobile partnership.

I believe that there is no millimeter-wave 5G band on the unlocked version 

All 6 pro have mmWave. It's the bare pixel 6 where there is divergence on band support for 5G.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@jagsnice that is awesome good for you that is awesome.

I was told by customer care today that mine is November 19th. Local stores said they are not getting the pro model until middle to end of November so to pre-order it since they are not sure how many they will end up getting.

Yeah its been rough for sure!

- Google doesn't have enough production units

- Google procurement pipe is thin enough that a miniscule number of retail locations (mostly high volume in key cities) got any stock of the pro

- T-Mobile was already upgrading the systems involved in phone upgrade which wasn't going well

- When preorder hit, the site was overwhelmed in the first few hours and on the first day a lot of orders were fielded incorrectly by customer care for manual placement

- T-Mobile order check isn't super clear on pre order status resulting in bad support data

- There is no way right now for front line teams to "see" where you are in line. It's amazing to me that it's the case but appears to be true

- Every carrier and many retailers are getting feedback about people wanting phones and not happy waiting. The key T-Mobile difference is the lack of authoritative communication. Where ATT recognized order expectations needed to be reset, they sent an affirmative email.  T-Mobile did no such thing.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@jagsnice that is awesome good for you that is awesome.

Yeah its been rough for sure!

- Google doesn't have enough production units

- Google procurement pipe is thin enough that a miniscule number of retail locations (mostly high volume in key cities) got any stock of the pro

- T-Mobile was already upgrading the systems involved in phone upgrade which wasn't going well

- When preorder hit, the site was overwhelmed in the first few hours and on the first day a lot of orders were fielded incorrectly by customer care for manual placement

- T-Mobile order check isn't super clear on pre order status resulting in bad support data

- There is no way right now for front line teams to "see" where you are in line. It's amazing to me that it's the case but appears to be true

- Every carrier and many retailers are getting feedback about people wanting phones and not happy waiting. The key T-Mobile difference is the lack of authoritative communication. Where ATT recognized order expectations needed to be reset, they sent an affirmative email.  T-Mobile did no such thing.

Bottom line ball dropped by Google, they even made a statement that they ramped up production for this launch because they were anticipating a big pre order rush for this phone because they actuall marketed it somewhat unlike they have before in past. Plus price point is there, TMobile failed miserably with communicating the info they had with it's customers and letting us know the truth about the situation. 

I did a trade-in for my pixel 6 pro pre-order. am i supposed to ship the trade-in first? or wait until i receive my phone then ship it?

Userlevel 2
Badge

I did a trade-in for my pixel 6 pro pre-order. am i supposed to ship the trade-in first? or wait until i receive my phone then ship it?

Wait until you receive your phone, then ship it.  If you need more time, reach out to customer care and document the conversation and the problem.  Can definitely understand the concern, with past launches its inconvenient to have to deal with - because you have to ASK them to fix it, they dont just recognize the problem sometimes - but in the end they did end up fixing credits for some pre-order problems like this.