Question

Will the OnePlus 12 come to T-Mobile?

• 13 December 2023
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Will we be getting the option to purchase the OnePlus 12 through T-Mobile?

I REALLY want it for jump on demand. 

- A loyal t mobile jumper and OnePlus enthusiast 

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I don't think the 11 was sold on Tmobile so I doubt the 12 will. Looks like OnePlus is phasing out carrier branded phones.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/the-oneplus-11-will-not-be-sold-at-t-mobile/

Userlevel 1
Badge

I don't think the 11 was sold on Tmobile so I doubt the 12 will. Looks like OnePlus is phasing out carrier branded phones.

https://www.cnet.com/tech/mobile/the-oneplus-11-will-not-be-sold-at-t-mobile/

I do think they parted ways for the 11, but they are still surprisingly selling the 10 or 10T at T-mobile and some NORD devices...so I believe there’s still hope...just haven’t seen anything OFFICIAL, just yet. @gramps28 

I hope they’re not phasing out the carriers...I’d figure that’s an amazing channel for them, although they probably won’t get full margins for their devices...for the users (which it seems OnePlus cares about) it’s definitely better to go through carriers. I’d imagine that the volume they would do through carriers would be more significant than not being able to sell those devices direct to consumer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Tmobile is selling through the stock of the current phones.

@syaoran may have some insight.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I don't expect to see OnePlus devices offered by US carriers in the future.  What T-Mobile has, is old stock.  The 9-series and 10-series devices weren't big sellers due to the very little that changed in them and due to the price increases.  The brand being solely owned and operated by OPPO now has hurt them a lot globally, being a company that the CCP has their hands deep into.  

According to T-Mobile, there should be an offer for the OnePlus 12 Pro sometime next week coming out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

According to T-Mobile, there should be an offer for the OnePlus 12 Pro sometime next week coming out.

I haven't personally seen anything on the 12 Pro coming to T-Mobile but I do know the smaller screen sure does not make it seem like a pro version of the device.  Especially at the price point above Pixel Pro's.

Let's hope that oneplus and tmobile can find a way to work together and offer the phones in the future. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Let's hope that oneplus and tmobile can find a way to work together and offer the phones in the future. 

I'm pretty sure that won't happen.  OPPO, the owner, software developer, and manufacturer of OnePlus devices is a CCP company.  T-Mobile and other carriers are not going to take the risk of dealing directly with any foreign power that could be a potential cyber security threat to America.

Sadly no. And for me personally, as I don't care for any of their other offerings. Especially the over hyped/overpriced options. I am seriously thinking of leaving T-Mobile solely on the lack of carrying a device I want, but have difficulty acquiring as they don't carry it. And it's not just me, I take my 3 lines with me as well. 

I am a sprint carry over, and as I suspected, since that happened, I lost all my loyalty, any deals, any exclusive offers, unless I want to add yet another line, I do not want. Or was a "new" customer. As it is, they already forced me off my grandfathered plan, all so I can add a third line on for my son. Where they lied to my face about how much internal memory the Nord model had, and had me pay $68 for a moto stylus that was already 2 yrs old. 

It's sad, that yes, the OnePlus 12 will work on T-Mobile. But our only options of acquisition, is via best buy, or OnePlus directly. Either buy it outright. Or, if lucky, can get approved for 0% financing of 24 months via best buy, or 12 months via OnePlus. Or, get approved with a high interest rate, where we end up paying $300+ MORE just to have the device we want. 

I did however discover that both Verizon and at&t don't exactly sell it in store, but... Best buy does, and can connect it directly to their service on purchase. So, I am actually considering taking my 3 lines elsewhere. Yeah, T-Mobile has farther range, and faster network (depends where you are), however, most all major companies now, offer about the same features, for the same price. Downside is whether it's worth the change. I am so done with T-Mobiles though. Their greed, how their customer service is some of thee worst to deal with.  I had to go through so much, all so I could leave a comment here. Seriously? 

Anyway, if I go at&t. Not ONLY can I get the OnePlus 12. I can get it financed via them, on top of an ADDITIONAL $200 off, for being a new customer. This is for the 512gb model. 

But just imagine, losing an account thats been active since 2009. All because you don't carry the device they actually want. And instead, try and choose what your customers walk away with. Sometimes using shady practices, to either dump old  inventory on them, or something that would put severe financial strain on them, on top of it being something they didn't even want to begin with. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/dialed-in/devices/oneplus-12-vs-oneplus-11-series

This link indicates they probably will.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

That doesn't say anything about T-Mobile selling the devices.  It's just a news article comparing the OnePlus 11 to the OnePlus 12 and 12R.  Don't get your hopes up for T-Mobile selling any of those.