Solved

Wrong phone description

• 28 October 2021
  • 32 replies

Badge

Just wondering if anyone else has an incorrect phone description on their account?

I recently activated my 256GB White Pixel 6 Pro, in my profile it shows as a 128GB Black Pixel 6 Pro.

Not sure if it matters, just concerned if I wanted to eventually trade in, or if I needed repair if it would cause an issue.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 13 September 2023, 05:42

View original

32 replies

Have been dealing with this for a month, same issues still exist. my google pixel 7 snow 256gb shows under account as a obsidian 128gb, then if i click check device unlock, it then says i have a iphone 7 with my correct imei that is locked, when the phone was bought unlocked and their unlock dept even verified it is not locked by anyone. my 2nd line is a galaxy s20 fe navy blue, but the account section on the app calls it a s20 cosmic grey 128gb. at least when i check unlock on it it shows unlocked correctly. it was bought the same way as my pixel. all i constantly get told is a ticket was opened to give it a week, but nothing ever changes. i am almost to the point of looking for a new carrier if this is how their customer support is going to be.

Take screenshots and screen recordings of everything. I mean EVERYTHING, even if it seems to be going smooth. Still document it.

I sense a class action against assurant & tmobile. 

Thanks for input. 

I bought unlocked through Google store. I had Sprint, but when I went to activate my phone, I was told I would need to migrate to T-Mobile because the phone won't work on Sprint network (odd, since Sprint sells the phone?)

Not a great experience, after 20 years+ with Sprint, I lost premium plan (would have been $15 more per month for TMO equivalent), have a lesser plan now that I still pay $7/month more for, lost my Hulu access. I guess they were right, less competition is going to cost the customers in the end. 

I call them T-mafia now. I've been with t-mafia for 20years in January. They have changed for the worst. I used to love this company. I considered them as the gold standard for customer service, even though their coverage is shakey at best. I'm sorry you aren't a premium member anymore.. they should have taken your contract on as such. I don't know if tmafia has levels like that. If they do I guess I'd be one myself? But they do nothing special for my loyalty to this dark empire. I'm going to Verizon as soon as I can, stupid contracts🙄🙄 I may change my entire account to the smallest internet package & fullfill my contract that way. 🙃 while starting over on Verizon. 

I have the EXACT same problem The T-Mobile app show on its display that I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge 32GB phone but in actuality I am using a Motorola 5G Edge 256GB phone. I have been complaining about to T-Mobile for well over a year. Ai have sent and shown T-Mobile screenshots of there error. They always say the will correct the error with 48 hours but it hasn't been done. So f*-cking frustrating because I have to go there the same sh!t explaining their error every single time I contact them to complain. FRUSTRATING AS Füçk!!!!

Yessss!! Same! Just be grateful you didn't crack your screen & need a replacement through insurance that's denying you because the *ghost phone* on the app IS THE ONLY PHONE THATS COVERED. 🙄🙄 idk... I sense a class action for their negligence. I have been without a phone for 8days because my purple s23 ultra 512gb isn't covered & the tmobile reps kept telling me the black s23 256gb ultra  " is a glitch " and insurance will send me my CORRECT 512gb. if I file a claim on it using the ghosts IMEI#  WHOSE GOING TO TELL T-MAFIA that IMEI# are exclusive to that phone, they are the phones finger prints.. 🤯🤯  t-mafia is doing something sinister with our accounts. I KNOW👁 IT. 

How do their employees not know that? 👀  personally I think they do know it and they are gaslighting us on purpose thinking we will just be grateful to have a phone again. NO SIR, NOT ME. My account has even showed ANOTHER  green ghost s23 with a different IMEI#  yesss, I have the screen shots🙃🙃 

It's rather pathetic how much money we give these rats & they play with us and our accounts. Smmfh. 

If the phone wasn't bought from Tmobile the description of the phone will be off.

Mine was bought through tmobile. Still does the same thing. & I've complained about it a few times. No fix. I've even had 2 different *ghost phones* with different IMEI# show up on my account. 

It was the same way when I bought from Google a Pixel 5a5G. It showed as a Pixel 4a but it's not a big deal to me. It doesn't hinder the phones performance.

...it is a big deal when you need to file an insurance claim. They say your actual phone isn't covered and try to replace it with a less than phone that shows up on your account. All these comments have people saying the basic floor model is showing up on their account. That's BS. 

Same issue with my iPhone 14 Pro. Have an iPhone 14 pro in Space Black 256gb and got a warranty replacement and it now shows a Purple iPhone 14 Pro 128GB. I know it doesn't matter and the phone will work the same but it’s annoying to see every time I’m logged in! This has been an known issue for years ever since they removed the option “not your device? click here” and you could manually put the correct device. They need to bring that back ASAP! And no number of IT tickets being filed will fix it! It goes ignored and they mark it as “resolved” and nada! 

It does matter. If you have to file insurance claim they will deny the true Phone you have been paying for and replace it with the basic floor model. While expecting you to keep paying off the true phones price. It's a scam. & it definitely matters🙄🤨😐

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It was the same way when I bought from Google a Pixel 5a5G. It showed as a Pixel 4a but it's not a big deal to me. It doesn't hinder the phones performance.

...it is a big deal when you need to file an insurance claim. They say your actual phone isn't covered and try to replace it with a less than phone that shows up on your account. All these comments have people saying the basic floor model is showing up on their account. That's BS. 

It's the imei# that matters not the description of the phone. Run your imei# through Tmobile’s imei checker for the correct phone description.

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/bring-your-own-phone