Question

Does the T-mobile IOS app work for other people?

• 24 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Does the T-mobile IOS app work for other people?

I’ve got an iPhone 13, running IOS 16.5.1, and the latest T-mobile IOS app, and I can’t log into the app to manage my account. First off, it won’t let me paste my password from my password manager, and when I attempt to paste the password in, the app won’t let me type it in manually, either. Sometimes, the app crashes at this point.

I’ve tried deleting the app and its data, reset my phone via <Vol Up><Vol Down><Power> until it reboots, and then re-installing the app. I’ve also tried telling the app that my email address is ‘Not Me’.

It’s also not making any attempt at two factor authentication!

I can log into the T-mobile web site on my computer just fine.

Chris

4 replies

Same exact symptoms. And a lot of reports to this effect in the iOS App Store reviews.

If I type a wrong password, it fails. I just am not able to type the correct password.

Update 1: changed my 40-char password to 20-chars (on the Web profile) and now it works to log in to the app. I wonder if the app’s password max length is smaller than the Web profile’s password length.

Update 2: Confirmed. I changed back to a 40-char password and the app locks up after about 25 chars.

T-Mobile needs to fix the password entry field on the iOS app.

I have been having the same issue in my iPhone 15 Pro.  Seems like all of a sudden it stopped accepting password/faceid!  Any thoughts?