Solved

I want to cancel my contract.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 25 May 2023, 06:31

View original

18 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What contract? The only contract Tmobile has is the phone equipment plan or EIP. You just need to pay that off to cancel service.

Thanks I will do….I am on the phone for 25 minutes….and no body respond😥

Unbelievable….they are unprofessional

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are moving to another carrier? If so the port will be a start to cancel.

Badge

What contract? The only contract Tmobile has is the phone equipment plan or EIP. You just need to pay that off to cancel service.

What contract? The phone equipment plan or EIP is a contract so maybe that is what he is referring to? And you are incorrect, he doesn't need to pay it off to cancel service. He can cancel service and the remaining balance will then become due fir the equipment.

Badge

I don't think unprofessional is the word, they are likely understaffed and busy.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What contract? The phone equipment plan or EIP is a contract so maybe that is what he is referring to? And you are incorrect, he doesn't need to pay it off to cancel service. He can cancel service and the remaining balance will then become due fir the equipment.

It's better to pay the phone off and get it unlocked to use on another carrier than canceling and finish paying it off the trying to unlock it.

Badge

It's better to pay the phone off and get it unlocked to use on another carrier than canceling and finish paying it off the trying to unlock it.

Yes, it might be easier to pay off and unlock the phone prior to cancelling if in fact he was wanting to use his phone on another carrier but he made no comment on that as well as it still doesn't change the fact that it is not necessary to pay off the phone before cancelling like you implied in your initial comment. I was simply stating the fact that he can cancel at any time i.e. before paying off the phone or after paying off the phone.

If he was not planning on using his phone on another carrier it would make no sense to leave the account open to finish paying off the device as he would be expected to also pay for the plan/services which would be a waste of money.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Like you said be made no comment so I made a suggestion.

Yes, it might be easier to pay off and unlock the phone prior to cancelling if in fact he was wanting to use his phone on another carrier but he made no comment on that as well as it still doesn't change the fact that it is not necessary to pay off the phone before cancelling like you implied in your initial comment. I was simply stating the fact that he can cancel at any time i.e. before paying off the phone or after paying off the phone.

If he was not planning on using his phone on another carrier it would make no sense to leave the account open to finish paying off the device as he would be expected to also pay for the plan/services which would be a waste of money.

Badge

Like you said be made no comment so I made a suggestion.

You said "You just need to pay that off to cancel service..." which isn't a suggestion (and is also inaccurate). A suggestion would be saying "I suggest you pay it off before cancelling if you plan to unlock your phone to use on another carrier."

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Why are you being so pedantic? This was a response a year ago and another poster responded a year later. I asked if he was going to port his number and if they were porting it will be a start.

So which one do you have an issue with or are you just trolling?

Badge

Why are you being so pedantic? This was a response a year ago and another poster responded a year later. I asked if he was going to port his number and if they were porting it will be a start.

So which one do you have an issue with or are you just trolling?

No need to insult others. I wasn't being pedantic, just stating a fact. If anything you are being "pedantic" in continuing to respond to me trying to prove you are correct somehow.

I simply stated a fact that you do not have to pay off the device/s in order to cancel service, plain and simple. The comment I replied to also wasn't a year old, it shows it as being a month old. When I viewed the recent posts it was near the top indicating it had recent activity, not that it matters as my statement applied a year and even longer ago as well as today.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

It's apples and oranges. If you want to leave  Tmobile you might as well pay off the phone and be done with them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so what you are saying is for the OP to be free and clear..they must pay off what is owed on the EIP in order to fully cancel and be away from TMO?

Badge

It's apples and oranges. If you want to leave  Tmobile you might as well pay off the phone and be done with them.

Apples and oranges are very different. To each their own, some people will just cancel and some will pay off their phones and then cancel. It's their choice.

Badge

so what you are saying is for the OP to be free and clear..they must pay off what is owed on the EIP in order to fully cancel and be away from TMO?

Nope. Just saying they technically don't have to pay off the devices in order to cancel. They don't even have to pay them off then cancel to be free and clear, they can cancel and pay them off afterwards also if they want to be free snd clear. Theres a few options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

true..but if you want it unlocked to use on another carrier you’ll have to pay it off...

Badge

true..but if you want it unlocked to use on another carrier you’ll have to pay it off...

That has already been established. Original question was someone saying they want to cancel their contract and the various options were already provided.

1. Cancel, if has device payments they will also become due in full once account is cancelled (if you have device aggreements.)

2. Pay the phones off then cancel to be free and clear.

3. Port out (pay phones off and unlock first if planning to use them on another carrier) which will cancel the lines automatically.