Solved

iphone 11 pro max unlock issue

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Trying to get one of my devices unlocked by Tmobile. 

Iphone 11 Pro Max. This line was activated 4 years ago with an iPhone SE. Once that device was paid off we upgraded to an IPhone 11 Pro Max. IPhone 11 was paid off as well and the damaged, so we filed a claim and obtained a new one through insurance at an apple store. Now we are trying to get this device unlocked by tmobile to port number and device with another carrier. I have talked to tmobile for over 1 week now and I get different answers on getting device unlocked. I'm told the request has been sent in and it will be unlocked that day or next or 2-3 days. Last answer was that the device shows that it hasn't been used more than 40 days and can't be unlocked, bur device has been used for over 1 year and they can confirm that, yet that error is preventing the phone to be unlocked. Has anyone had this issue? If so, what was the solution? Tmobile can't unlock it, I can't unlock it through app or website or device. 

icon

Best answer by gramps28 16 April 2024, 15:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Since it's a warranty exchange through Apple the imei number isn't in Tmobile’s system as a phone Tmobile sold. Best thing to do is contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of their social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter.

Badge

Hi Gramps28. 

Your recommendation worked! 

I chatted with a tmobile rep via messenger and they got it unlocked.  Why couldn't any tmobile service rep via tmobile chat rep fix it is beyond comprehension.  I appreciate your comment. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I'm glad it's fixed so next time you get a new phone through a warranty claim make sure to let Tmobile know so they can enter the imei in their system.