Question

Not receiving authentication/verification code from SSA Benefits website.

• 31 August 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge

Hi all!

Over the past weeks I have not been receiving various codes that a website will send in order to authenticate your login. Specifically the SSA Benefits website. Has anyone else has this issue, what did you do to resolve it? I am trying to avoid having to get a code mailed which takes days. Is this a TMobile issue?

5 replies

This is happened several times to me over the last few years… Super frustrating! What I found is calling support and asking them to remove the short code block, if they do not understand what you're talking about explain to them what it is that you need the code for. For example Social Security, google Facebook whatever… Good luck

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

one specific site or you have this issue with all sites sending verification codes? and are you pre paid or other?

Badge

Well I have noticed it on a variety of sites, but specifically the SSA Benefits one. No I don’t have a pre paid plan.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

i know with certain companies they cant/wont verify unless you have a account that your name etc is on..so if its a pay as you go or non monthly deal that might be the issue. especially if it works for most other companies like stores/restaurants etc.

you could always ask them to remove short code from your line and then re add it in case something is just jumbled up between their system and your phone/line.

Userlevel 6
Badge +9