Question

Not receiving authentication/verification code from SSA Benefits website.

• 31 August 2021
  • 12 replies

Badge

Hi all!

Over the past weeks I have not been receiving various codes that a website will send in order to authenticate your login. Specifically the SSA Benefits website. Has anyone else has this issue, what did you do to resolve it? I am trying to avoid having to get a code mailed which takes days. Is this a TMobile issue?

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

one specific site or you have this issue with all sites sending verification codes? and are you pre paid or other?

Badge

Well I have noticed it on a variety of sites, but specifically the SSA Benefits one. No I don’t have a pre paid plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i know with certain companies they cant/wont verify unless you have a account that your name etc is on..so if its a pay as you go or non monthly deal that might be the issue. especially if it works for most other companies like stores/restaurants etc.

you could always ask them to remove short code from your line and then re add it in case something is just jumbled up between their system and your phone/line.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

This is happened several times to me over the last few years… Super frustrating! What I found is calling support and asking them to remove the short code block, if they do not understand what you're talking about explain to them what it is that you need the code for. For example Social Security, google Facebook whatever… Good luck

I’m having the same issue receiving a short code from social security admin. - Its an authentication short code 79913. we confirmed no short code blocking is on the line. it works fine for one of our accounts/phone numbers, but not the other.  We’ve switched sim cards and confirmed the issue follows the phone number, meaning it isn’t an issue with the phone itself.  So I’m thinking the issue has to be something with the sim card or behind the scenes at tmobile. The issue has been escalated at tmobile for over a week now so hopefully they’ll resolve. I was curious if anyone else ever resolved this?  

the line is post paid and i’ve only noticed the issue with this one short code from SSA so far.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for the life of me i cant find the other thread but i remember there being an issue with getting short codes from SSA and it ended up being something to do with SSA not being able to identify you because the line doesnt have any details about you..pretty much not linked to any address...name..etc.

if i run across it on my site travels i’ll copy the link and post it in here as a reference

@fireguy_6364 thanks!

also i confirmed with ssa that they show the code is being sent to my phone number. I’m just not receiving it - so i don’t think it will be the same issue as you mentioned but I’d be glad to take a look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

thanks I’ll see if i can make them match

I changed the caller id to match the ssa account name but unfortunately it still doesn’t work.  thanks for the suggestion though.  I’ll post here if tmobile support is able to help.