Question

Text message log not reflecting all incoming texts

Badge

Hello, When I pull up my text and call log history not all calls and text messages are captured. Why is this? I can see some of them, but not all of them. I’m not looking for the actual content of the text messages, but rather to see the date and time text messages were sent from a specific number. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If they're using a messaging app like Whatsapp it's not going to show usage or messaging through Facebook.

Badge

Thank you, are you saying if the person is sending me text message to my cell phone number using Facebook or what’sapp? I didn’t know text messages could be sent to my cell phone that way. Oddly, there are a few messages showing up on my T-Mobile log history/bill, but not all of them. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

gramps28 meant that if you are sending and receiving messages on the Facebook or WhatsApp apps, they would not show on your T-Mobile message log. If you are sending and receiving messages through the message app that came on the phone, then the reason they are not showing in your log could be similar. I assume that you posted this question in the Apple board because you are using an iPhone. When a message is sent from one iPhone to another iPhone, it is actually routed through your Apple ID. Because of that it is seen on the T-Mobile network as a packet of data instead of message, so the message logs will not show it.