false advertising

• 29 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

l have spent the past 3 weeks, about 10 hours on the phone with customer care trying to fix a mistake that was made by a representative. I upgraded to Go 5g next and traded my iPhone 13 in for the $1000 off the 15pro max. She apparently used jump even though I only owed $133 on the 13. When it was noticed I offered to pay the $133 and was lied to repeatedly saying it all looks ok and I will still receive the promotion, and now am being told I have to send my phone in today or I’m out of luck. This means I will not have a phone for up to 3 weeks while they send me back my 13. I have spoken to multiple managers today and am told that they have no power to help me.I cannot be without a phone for 3 weeks as I have small children and a business that depends on me having access to a high end phone. I have been a T-Mobile customer for 10 years. This has go get resolved I’m not going to just let it go. I have waisted enough time and energy on this issue. If it is not resolved shortly I will be reporting it to the fcc, bbb, all of social media, and eventually taking it to small claims court as T-Mobile also has a clause in their paperwork prohibiting class actions. I am certain I am not the only person this has happened to but at this point I am invested and plan on seeing it through.

2 replies

Ive also had an issue close to this one. I upgraded 3 phones to the 14 pro max in septemper when 15 was released. They tried to ask for a 700 dollar down deposit for the 15 even with trade ins. After getting new phones one of them could not be activated for about a week because some fraud alert that was on my account before when Tmobile didn't do their job and protect my identity allowing my phone to be hacked 2 times. Now not only did that happen but now when I went to make my first payment with the new phones they are telling me that my first bill this month is about 700 buck and total balance of 1200 which makes no sense because I've never been behind on my monthly bill. Very frustrating and I'm ready to cancel my account after about 4 years.

There seems to be a pattern with false advertising & promotion that TM does not want to honor after the transaction has been made. I was offered a promo in Dec 2023 and the condition was that I will get a $830.00 credit towards a new iPhone 15 Pro  if I handed in any working smartphone and need not change my current plan. I traded in my iPhone 5 paid the initial setup cost and got a new iPhone 15 pro.

Come Jan 2024 - Called 611 and spoke with Dan and he informed me that I takes 2 billing cycles to get the credit posted and that he can see the promo and the credit amount. 

Feb 4  2024 - Called again and spoke to a rep and was informed that it will be corrected in the next billing cycle and applied a manual credit of $34.58 to my Feb bill and informed that starting Mar bill, credit will be applied automatically.

Mar 10 2024 - Called 611 (reached Tennessee call center)  as I noticed that the credit was not applied - Spoke with Charles (Employee ID 10301) and he informed me that I do not qualify for the promo and he confirmed that the notation on my records from Dec was for $800.00 and not $830.00 but I’m not eligible for that promo (3 months after I made the transactions). Charles offered one time credit of $50.00 for the inconvenience.. I declined the offer and he informed me to hold and see what he can do… Came back 20 mins later with a one time credit of $350.00 after talking to the supervisor… I declined and asked him to transfer me to his supervisor - Asia (Employee ID 10784)  came on the call (this is now 40 mins into the call) and said that I do not qualify for the promo offered to me in Dec2023. She informed me that she can backdate the promo if I upgrade my plan (now I have to pay more for the GO5G plan) for them to offer the promo… I declined and was passed on to Jason (Emp ID 74956)..and he offered me $100.00 credit.. Eventually he said that he will put in for escalation and someone will call back in 72 hrs (I was on the call to resolve the promo issue for almost 65min and got nowhere)… I’m not happy with the switch and bait tactic TM is using to lock in clients for 24 months.