Solved

How to get a refund on wrong charge of prepaid service?

• 8 February 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I recently transferred my number to other carrier.

But T-Mobile prepaid service charged monthly payment through Auto-pay service.

I thought it would be automatically stopped but it charged.

I requested a refund to the representatives at the call center and they confirmed that I did not use any data so that I could receive it within 10 business days. So I just waited. 

But I have checked other representatives and they insisted that I used the lines data and even the line was alive. 

It is impossible because I have records of using data from other carrier.

What was going on there? The incompletion of port-out process is the mistake of T-Mobile technical team but do I have to pay for the monthly payment which I did not use at all?

I want to receive my money back as soon as possible.

I sent the mail to the customer relations team with the evidence of my usage of data on other carrier, so please solve this problem and send my money back as soon as possible.

icon

Best answer by gramps28 9 February 2024, 04:52

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

All prepaid funds are non-refundable.

Badge

But it happened after the port-out. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You ahould have disabled the autopay before porting out.  

Badge

The company should have operated themselves automatically. That is the norm in the business world unless they are thieves.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you call in to cancel service after porting?

Badge

At the time, the Verizon call center agent had a conversation with T-Mobile’s port-out team and me. We were in the same call at the same time. So T-Mobile already knew I was porting out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Try contacting Tmobile support using messenger one of T-Mobile’s social media accounts like Facebook or X.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

At the time, the Verizon call center agent had a conversation with T-Mobile’s port-out team and me. We were in the same call at the same time. So T-Mobile already knew I was porting out.

There's a difference between Customer Care knowing you were porting out and you asking for your account to be closed.  If you intend on ending service with a service provider for anything.  Always make sure you are very clear when doing so, like making sure the close your account after porting out.