Question

When T-Mobile are you going to the right thing for your customers who are victims of Bait and Switch?

• 5 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

In May of this year I traded my late wife’s Galaxy S8 for a new S23… my S8 was having battery and overheating issues and I was just going to switch to my late wife’s S8 that I had as an extra phone in case mine went bad. The agent at the T-Mobile store said they had a free phone offer going and I could use my good S8 as a trade in and get the A23 for free… I would see a $32.50 charge and a $32.50 credit on my bill for the next 24 months. Okay, sounded good to me! I’ve had good service with T-Mobile so doing 24 months more with them

was not a problem… but when the bills come in each month there is a $16 equipment charge and no credit. Calling T-Mobile I’m told the S8 only gets a $400 credit and not the full $800 I was told in the store, and I need to call the store manager and fix it through the store. Now I’m in a vicious cycle of blame, with no resolution. Beyond frustrated!!! Maybe I need to find a lawyer who would be interested in doing a Class Action against T-Mobile, as I see I am not the only one who is having this sort of an issue.

4 replies

Badge

Well I need to update the status of my problem… The T-Mobile store manager came through for me and T-Mobile gave me a $400 credit to make me whole for the value of the new phone! Thank you Carlos! Sometimes good things do happen! I stayed civil though the whole process and had a positive result.

Userlevel 2

Well I need to update the status of my problem… The T-Mobile store manager came through for me and T-Mobile gave me a $400 credit to make me whole for the value of the new phone! Thank you Carlos! Sometimes good things do happen! I stayed civil though the whole process and had a positive result.

Yeah better make sure you get that credit they said the same to me and never received it. 

Badge

Yep, the credit is there... 

Userlevel 2

Well you were one of the lucky few