T-Mobile ONE "Un-Contract" Price Lock Guarantee | "Re" Carrier - June 2024 Increase Price Increase

• 11 June 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1
I don’t know how T-Mobile thinks this is ok. I Am more irritated by their response. Don’t insult my intelligence. We kept our plan, the price should not change - it’s just that simple. Yes, I rather pay substantially more to another carrier because it’s BS of T-Mobile to do this, counting on people to just accept it and be “ok” with the “inflation” - playing on your lack of intelligence, this is GREED pure & simple, there are NO additional associated costs in giving you the service you have already been paying for. https://ibb.co/s3sjDgY This “infinite growth” mindset of Capitalism is the fail of the pyramid scheme. It’s delusional. I don’t know who I want to fail more, Reddit, or T-Mobile. At least Verizon and AT&T don’t “pretend” to care. Don’t tell me you won’t change my price as long as I keep my plan, and then you turn around and change my price and then communicate with me as if I Am talking out the side of my neck, out of thin air, like you don’t see the same thing that I see YOU said.. and I agreed to! Heck, a landline, GMAIL, and old fashioned letters might be the move at this point, tired of being lied to and nickle and dimed.
​​​​ I hope the churn is HORRIBLE from this point on. You NEVER win when you are dirty. 

9 replies

Userlevel 2

Every state has an attorney general, an office on aging, and a BBB.  Flood them with complaints.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Just as a side note.  I suspect by now, their legal team has a boiler plate response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Just as a side note.  I suspect by now, their legal team has a boiler plate response.

They do.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/complain-about-recent-price-hike-t-mobile-might-give-you-free-money_id159351

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2024/06/t-mobile-users-thought-they-had-a-lifetime-price-lock-guess-what-happened-next/

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I'm surprised I havent read from the comments how funny it is:

Of course I know it wasn't a true restriction, after all its a man made program; **however**, isn't it convenient for years T-Mobile told customers those plans had restrictions, line caps that could not be changed, saying they couldn't make changes to the plan and you would have to switch plans to add more lines.....

Yet, they are able to raise price as it fits them... Comical and pathetic.

Self imposed limitations....

Badge +1

Every state has an attorney general, an office on aging, and a BBB.  Flood them with complaints.

I know I will be doing this… First stop tonight BBB, Then AG’s office, then FCC.. Not sure how much help they will be but defiantly worth the time lodge a complaint when corporations lie they need to know there are repercussions for it… 

I am looking into Visible wireless.  Unlimited everything, all taxes and fees included, $25 a month, and you can setup autopay.

Just beware of data de-prioritization on the Visible 25 per month plan. If you are in heavy data/traffic usage areas, your internet will become nearly unusable as Verizon (Visible Network) is awful with de-pri. And you do not get 5g UW on the 25 month plan. If you are ok with both those things, then you’re good.

Just beware of data de-prioritization on the Visible 25 per month plan. If you are in heavy data/traffic usage areas, your internet will become nearly unusable as Verizon (Visible Network) is awful with de-pri. And you do not get 5g UW on the 25 month plan. If you are ok with both those things, then you’re good.

Thanks. I will go for the 45 plan then. It will still be around half what I was paying to T-Mobile. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'm surprised I havent read from the comments how funny it is:

Of course I know it wasn't a true restriction, after all its a man made program; **however**, isn't it convenient for years T-Mobile told customers those plans had restrictions, line caps that could not be changed, saying they couldn't make changes to the plan and you would have to switch plans to add more lines.....

Yet, they are able to raise price as it fits them... Comical and pathetic.

Self imposed limitations....

Basically these plans are technically no better than having prepaid or month to month.  Price lock is effectively meaningless, as it just means they’ll pay off 1 month of service ‘if you notify them and port within 60 days of notification’.  If they truly want people off the legacy at any cost … they’ll make the cost of One / Magenta to match Go5G, and people will either leave (likely) or migrate.