Question

Apple Watch Cell Service Problem

• 14 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

I recently switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. I have an iPhone 15 and a Series 6 watch with cell service. 

Nobody has been able to figure out why I can receive/send text messages on my Apple Watch while out of range of my iPhone but cannot make or receive phone calls. Any tips on how to resolve this issue. To date, T-Mobile has not been able to figure it out. Worked perfectly while on Verizon plan. 

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

I've taken you unpaired it from your phone with the Verizon plan and set it up using using digits on a Tmobile plan.

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/smartwatches/apple

Badge

Yes, I unpaired it. I didn’t use Digits to set it up but followed the prompts given by T-Mobile support. They have had me wipe, restore and pair multiple times but still no luck. Data is fine - can make and receive texts when away from phone, just not phone calls. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Apple watches may be different to connect than my Pixel watch. I was prompted to connect to my service provider and all I had to do was select my plan then was assigned an esim using digits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

In order to make a call on the T-Mobile network, any device has to be VoLTE capable. Do you know if your Verizon version Apple Watch Series 6 is VoLTE capable? If not, that might be the reason that it is not making calls, but the messages and data are working.