Question

No voice service: Temporarily turned off by your carrier

Badge

I've been receiving this notification multiple times over the last two days. I looked online to see how to fix it. I've tried restarting my phone, checking the SIM to make sure it's in place, and turning on/off Airplane Mode. It's still showing up on my phone, and I noticed that my mobile data doesn't work when it does (no phone calls or internet when I'm not around wifi). 

For reference, I have a Motorola One 5G Ace.

Can anyone help with this?

29 replies

I have a similar problem, but only happens when trying to Wifi call in T mobile dead zones. I can make a call, people can hear me but I cannot hear them. Text and data work fine. WiFi calling enabled. Once I get T mobile service it works fine. Am using a Motorola G100.

I have had the same problem for the last 2 months. Ever since I switched to T-Mobile. I have a Motorola Moto g stylus phone brand new.

My wife is has been seeing this for a while. And only told me about this particular error today. It’s a Moto G stylus 2021, unlocked from Amazon. She’s had coverage issues since day 1, but this is relatively new.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

for anyone that brought a phone with them to TMO ...have you checked the APN settings to see if theyre needing changed around or not?

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/not-sold-by-t-mobile/byod-t-mobile-data-and-apn-settings

also if you have access to another phone on TMO try putting your sim card into that phone instead and see if the problem follows or if the sim works fine in the second device..if it works fine then its something going on with the phone itself..if the problem happens with the new phone as well then the issue might be the sim card itself..

Badge

Same issue brand new Motorola stylus 5g 2022, service y urned off by my carrier. I have to use my internet. Has anyone found a solution? Tech hadn't.

Same problem, started just a few weeks ago. Motorola g stylus 2021. I've tried everything suggested, but the problem remains. Everything works except I can’t hear callers voice. So there is no point using this as a phone. Support is no help! Thinking of moving away from t-mobile. Anyone else have a suggestion?

On my Moto G7 power: I get this "No Voice Service, Temporarily turned off by your carrier" notification regularly, for maybe a year now.. It usually corrects itself an goes away quickly.

What it means or why I get it, I don't know.

I also have the issue where I cannot hear the caller but they can hear me. Restarting the phone corrects this. I use wifi calling at home and I think it's gas something to do with when I leave the house and come back.

I've been receiving this notification multiple times over the last two days. I looked online to see how to fix it. I've tried restarting my phone, checking the SIM to make sure it's in place, and turning on/off Airplane Mode. It's still showing up on my phone, and I noticed that my mobile data doesn't work when it does (no phone calls or internet when I'm not around wifi). 

For reference, I have a Motorola One 5G Ace.

Can anyone help with this?

I'm pretty sure it's a Motorola issue. It seem to only happen to their phones. It happens to me inside lager buildings. I've had nothing but issues with my Motorola Stylus 5G

I have never had this issue with my Motorola one 5g ace till I moved to Florida. I can barely make any calls mush less talk with my daughter. I've tried tuning on and off my phone. It's quite frustrating, it does this even when I am connected to my internet. Everyone can hear me but I can't hear them. Starting to think it may be a Motorola problem. I'm taking my phone in Monday and see if they can figure this out. Hopefully. 

I have the same problem with a Motorola phone.  Question though: are your Motorola phones “international”?  That’s what mine is and it only has the 2.4 GHz wifi band.  My other Motorola phone that doesn’t have this problem, an older G4 has both 2.4 and 5 GHz bands and uses the latter.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which bands of wifi it has wont matter when it comes to the phones signal to make calls or receive them. are you trying to use wifi calling or something?

Of course I’m using wifi calling.  Many buildings, homes and apartments have foil lined insulation.  Effectively we live in Faraday cages which makes it hard for the cellular signal to come through.  That’s why carriers make wifi calling available.  The problem may be contention between carrier signal and wifi and the software needs to turn off the SIM card to avoid that.  Apparently it’s buggy at the moment but it seems to happen far less with the older phone which uses the 5 Ghz band but that phone is for the old landline number which gets very limited calls.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

and you set the phone to wifi preferred?

also keep in mind that devices purchased from outside of TMO wont use the same wifi calling set up. was the older phone purchased from TMO and the newer one from somewhere else?

TMO’s claim to fame was you could bring your existing phone to their network. I prefer to own my phone and not use contracts.   What people are saying here is that wifi calling works part of the time.  I just think TMO’s software is not that good or can’t handle the load.  Many also report they are in “dead areas” where OTA works part of the time so they use wifi calling.  Do you understand what I mean by contention?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you can bring your phone from other carriers sure..just as you can take your TMO phone to any other carrier..the down side though is it wont have the same things as the TMO variant will...like their own wifi calling..or the built in apps compared to the ones you must download..they wont work as well either..theres never a full guarantee that everything on that device will work perfectly with any other carrier other than the original one it was designed for.

I have the same problem with a OnePlus 7T pro McLaren edition from T-Mobile I have Wi-Fi calling and it's turned on yet I can't use my phone from my house and I don't get T-Mobile service at my house I have to go down the road about three blocks to get it so I cannot use my phone at my house at all it is very frustrating sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't and it never works on the weekends yet the little signal bar in my status bar shows that I have signal for using my Wi-Fi calling like right now at this moment yet it doesn't work I can't send or receive calls or texts from my house on Wi-Fi

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

see if the OnePlus can do this. switch your phone into airplane mode..then turn back around and turn wifi back on..then attempt to make a call. i know in the past some phones would get hung up a bit when there was zero or very faint carrier signal and attempting wifi calling. i can do this on my LG V60 perfectly fine..but not sure on any other OEMs.

might be your work around until whatever is going on in your neck of the woods gets figured out.

I have been receiving the no voice service, turned off by carrier, message a lot lately. I have a Moto Stylus 5G. I got it in April 2022 and from day 1, I have had issues with being able to hear people when they call if I am connected to Wi-Fi. My husband has the same phone and has all of the same issues as well. I took it to the store, but they had no idea. My husband said that the other day ot tried charging him international and roaming fees for a call he was making to NY (we live in PA) 🤦🏼‍♀️😭 I was wondering if anyone found any solution for any of these issues since this post is now a few months old. TIA!

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

how close are you guys to the Canadian border? might be a stretch but not unheard of depending on how far from the border you are..there have been people roaming into Mexico but not actually in Mexico..just close to the border and happened to pick up their tower instead.

Badge

I have been receiving the no voice service, turned off by carrier, message a lot lately. I have a Moto Stylus 5G. I got it in April 2022 and from day 1, I have had issues with being able to hear people when they call if I am connected to Wi-Fi. My husband has the same phone and has all of the same issues as well. I took it to the store, but they had no idea. My husband said that the other day ot tried charging him international and roaming fees for a call he was making to NY (we live in PA) 🤦🏼‍♀️😭 I was wondering if anyone found any solution for any of these issues since this post is now a few months old. TIA!

It’s a Moto Problem, they seem to always have issues. I would get a T-Mobile phone made for T-Mobile, if that is not a option, make sure your APN is correct. Add a new one, save it, and select it for your phone to use. Delete all other APN’s if it will let you.

Badge

It’s a Moto Problem, they seem to always have issues. I would get a T-Mobile phone made for T-Mobile, if that is not a option, make sure your APN is correct. Add a new one, save it, and select it for your phone to use. Delete all other APN’s if it will let you.

• APN: fast.t-mobile.com
  • Proxy: Not set or leave it blank
  • Port: Not set or leave it blank
  • Username: Not set or leave it blank
  • Password: Not set or leave it blank
  • Server: Not set or leave it blank
  • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
  • MMS proxy: Not set or leave it blank
  • MMS port: Not set or leave it blank
  • MCC: 310
  • MNC: 260
  • Authentication Type: Not set, None, or leave it blank
  • APN Type: default,supl,mms,xcap,ia,hipri,fota,cbs,dun
  • APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6

The problem is with the Motorola phones (not to exclude others) but I have been having this problem ever since I came to T-Mobile a year ago. My daughter and I have the Moto Razr 5g flip phones we got through as promotion with T-Mobile. The phones worked optimally at first then after a couple of updates they stopped. We get the same error messages as “no voice carrier” or can’t make Wi-Fi  or data calls, can’t use the internet etc. More so at home at first, but now it can be just about anywhere. I have eight other lines and all of those phones, (six of them android and two iPhone) work just fine I have made numerous calls to T-Mobile, [to no avail because everybody does all these steps just to find they can’t fix it] but I can't do anything about it until I pay off these phones. Don’t go through what I went through with numerous service techs and customer service trying to troubleshoot your phone. I have had a new sim card, esim cards, wiping the phone clean and restarts to changing certain settings. I love Motorola phones but I will not get one through T-Mobile  or just period ever again

Badge

I have a moto g fast. Every couple of months I get the no voice service turned off by carrier notification. I'll get the notification every 5 mins. It will last for a day then go away. But it always comes back... It's been going on for several months now. It's very irritating. I've done everything that I can on my end. Followed all the suggestions. Nothing has fixed it. TMobile hasn't been able to help. 

I hate that you're going through that and unfortunately T-Mobile won't be able to help  They give temporary solutions and many of their agents don't have a clue how to fix it. I don't know if I said it in my earlier post but I have other phones on my account and they work just fine but the Motorola phones don't work. I had to use a different phone that I owned from Metro until this promotion is paid off just to have service and that's a shame because I'm still paying for this phone. There's no way that you should not have no Wi-Fi when your service is not working it doesn't make sense  I've even had their reps tell me to just use WiFi . What? Then what am I paying for? At best you might get someone from the retention department to give you a credit as I did but it was a one-time thing.  If you don't owe that much pay it off and get a different phone. I really hated that cuz I really love Motorola phones but they just don't work good on T-Mobile and that's my experience.

Badge

Thank you for your response. I have 4 phones on my account. 2 are just fine and 2 are not (Motorola). Reps have told me the same thing about just using WiFi which is ridiculous. Motorola has always been my first choice in phones but I guess I need to switch.  Thanks again for your input.