Question

STOP THROTTLING

• 7 September 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

this is BS. y’all broke my home internet. Are you throttling?  I just changed my gateway thinking it was broken but no. It is your dishonest business practice that is causing this. Just be upfront if you are throttling.  I will be canceling if it continues for a few more days. This is so dishonest. Your stock price doesn’t deserve the multiples. This is disgusting. 

11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

this is BS. y’all broke my home internet. Are you throttling?  I just changed my gateway thinking it was broken but no. It is your dishonest business practice that is causing this. Just be upfront if you are throttling.  I will be canceling if it continues for a few more days. This is so dishonest. Your stock price doesn’t deserve the multiples. This is disgusting. 

You’re not the only one.

Its about prioritization. after you are ‘satisfied’ with your first month, you now get to enjoy bottom of the barrel priority on the tower which results in this clear throttle and packet slowdown.  Call in to fix? they can’t tell you how they fix it, they just manually assign your priority to capture you saying on a recorded line, oh wow its working again. then back to this.  If you can get a broadband option in your area, it's worth the extra cost for the reliability.

Badge

We have the same issue.  Service has worked near flawlessly for 6 months.  Then during the last week from 10pm to 8am the following morning, service degrades or is non existent.  In any case be honest with customers.  If a few customers leave and it relieves congestion it would be better for all  --- at least until tmobile can add sufficient capacity to serve all.  I want this service to work and work well, but if it remains unpredictable will have to return to another provider.

Badge

Yup, 19 years with TMobile and I'm driving to UPS to return everything I can that has TMobile on it. Hate dishonesty. Hello ATT! My phone, tablet, hot spot all have separate lines and all throttled to nothing. I spend over 300 a month for useless service now. What bad business practices they have begun using.....what a shame

Badge

As a footnote, I called T-Mobile technical support and got thru promptly.  I did get the same discussion on cell tower upgrades and temporary capacity constraints as others have mentioned.  Since this tech call, the internet service has returned to high quality service.  And I did get two additional follow-up calls from T-Mobile tech support to check on service quality.  Thus for now at least, service is fully satisfactory.  Hopefully T-Mobile can continue to improve this product and provide ongoing alternatives to “land-based” providers.

Just started throttling for us 7 pm until 11pm local.. speeds plop down to tops of 4 mps down while up is 24.9ish.. when we are not being throttled I am getting between 35 and 63 mps down and 19 to 225 up.. so.. what is going on of late? Just started a few days ago

Userlevel 1

Been having the same issue here for weeks (on multiple phones and on the 5G home gateway).  I’ve found  when the signal changes from good to very good (or on a phone when it switches from 5G to 5GUC) internet connectivity dies and does NOT come back; everything was working fine for months.     I have opened multiple “support tickets” and had several managers promise to call me back, they never have.  I have spent at least 8 hours on the phone with “support”.  Seems at least a few of you received an update of “tower maintenance”.  I keep getting told that “everything is fine”.  

I’m also having problems with the home internet. I’m getting between 1 & 3 Mbps but when I call to complain, they “test” the connection and suddenly it’s 20-50 MBps. Hours later we’re back 1 to 3. Support claims that it must be construction in the area. Not likely. As much as I hate Suddenlink (Optima, they had to change their name because it was so closely associated with bad service), I may have to go back but I wanted to reward Tmobile because they were the reason Suddenling had to become more competitive.

Over the holidays, i keep hearing congestion. I had none during the Notre Dame game yesterday or todays games. But, they are on before 5:30. Pm. Once that time comes, the throttling starts. I find congestion to be inaccurate, since the upload speeds are always 23mbps or greater. What you're telling me, no one is sharing hoiday photos in hi res with their new iphone or samsung, with relatives

New low for Tmobile home internet!

Download 0.53 Mbps

Upload 0.26 Mbps

Thank the supreme court. Now that net neutrality has been overturned T-Mobile can and will do this as well every other carrier eventually. 

T-Mobile has recently deprioritized their hotspot to the point where it is unusable in my area. The terms of service claim they only do it when it's congested but I'm sure that my tower is not congested at 3:00 in the morning. Phone gets 150mbps... Laptop gets .03mbps. I hid tethering to test my hypothesis and sure enough... 150mbps on my laptop. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

I'd recommend  using the TMobile Home Internet app to find the ‘best’ location as well as 5g service for this.  For the first couple of months, I had ‘very good’ listening,  but it was primarily 4g lte and very weak 5g n71 (+1 mile away).Speeds varied from 15Mbps to 160Mbps, being 15Mbps during mornings,  and evenings.  TMobile has recently rebuilt the tower to now have 5g, and signal reports ‘good’, with weaker lte, but n41 service typically around 300-400Mbps range.  Placement is key for upload in my case as it will vary from 15Mbps to 90