Solved

t mobile gateway throttled

• 31 May 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge

I pay for the 300gb plan, last week my cycle was almost up and I had to add on 25 gbs. Well my cycle ended yesterday and so did the 25gb my home internet is currently unusable. They gave me the run around and sent me 40 miles to get a new gateway… it still doesn’t work now they are telling me it’s just the tower maintenance in my area and there’s a ticket on it. Even though T-Mobile has a tower on their store and we tried the gateway there with the same results won’t even load google…. $150 a month for unusable service is insane. I’m about ready to terminate my service. 4 phone calls and 80 miles in fuel and got nowhere

icon

Best answer by tomwil 31 May 2023, 23:23

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

I pay for the 300gb plan, last week my cycle was almost up and I had to add on 25 gbs. Well my cycle ended yesterday and so did the 25gb my home internet is currently unusable ...

When does your new 300GB cycle begin?

Badge

I’m on my second day of my new cycle right now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

300GB limit on home gateway?  Never heard of that

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

300GB limit on home gateway?  Never heard of that

T-Mobile Internet Lite

Badge

Apparently I’m on the “wait list” for unlimited I pay a very heavy price for the 300 plan… anyways do they always give everyone the same line of oh it’s a local Tower issue when you call for tech support. Because I know the T mobile store I went to had their own tower on the store and got the same results setting up the new gateway in their store..

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Apparently I’m on the “wait list” for unlimited I pay a very heavy price for the 300 plan… anyways do they always give everyone the same line of oh it’s a local Tower issue when you call for tech support. Because I know the T mobile store I went to had their own tower on the store and got the same results setting up the new gateway in their store..

1st tier support (#611 or 1-800) seems to give tower issues regularly.  2nd tier support (Facebook or Twitter) may give you a more complete accurate answer.

It appears things went wrong when the 25GB addition ended, and your new 300GB cycle has not actually started in the system.  As if a flag is set signifying that the data limit has been reached, and has not reset.  2nd tier may be able to help with that.

Yes that do. I feel they give the it’s tower maintenance crap so they can’t be held accountable. Also so they do t have to stay on the phone with you. How can a tower maintenance cause a problem to one line when there are two perfectly working lines in the same location.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Yes that do. I feel they give the it’s tower maintenance crap so they can’t be held accountable. Also so they do t have to stay on the phone with you. How can a tower maintenance cause a problem to one line when there are two perfectly working lines in the same location.

TMobile will vary it's answer from ‘modernization ‘ to ‘maintenance ‘ to ‘network congestion’ as the technical support team is only meant to handle items like network reset, sim cards and general coverage issues.  They typically reach into that stash of answers until they're cornered,  then file an engineering ticket for an incorrect address that gets auto closed

Ok this helps me know what to expect when I call. thanks for this.