t mobile now

Userlevel 4
Badge

Ever since the merger with sprint, t mobile has been absolute trash. Even after the new sim card its bad. Who ever thought it was a good idea to merge with sprint needs to get fired. Worst thing that has happened. And my job is dependant on having mobile data and if t mobile cant have their stuff together then im gonna have to switch.

62 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

which device did you migrate over? or did you upgrade into a new phone after the merger?

Honestly, I’ve had T-Mobile for 7 years. And just this year, I will have zero bars, or it’ll say I have bars but when I shut off my phone 10-15 text messages come in, voicemails, missed calls. I use my phone primarily for work but I keep getting dropped calls, no service, and no help whatsoever. I thought it was my device so I upgraded, it’s just even worst. This started happening to us earlier this year. T-Mobile has become trash and honestly I’m looking for a better cell company. One that has actual working towers where I live. 

I was with Virgin Mobile for 16 years, Sprint towers, no complaints. After the merger with T mobile we were transferred to Boost. No trouble till Dish took over couple months later. We had to get the T mobile sim cards then all went reasonably ok. I started to get nervous last summer because tmo wanted to pull out of Boost and then we'd be left with only Dish. So we transferred over to T mobile. What a mistake! First, big data breach about a week after we signed up with Tmo, not a good start. Now internet service is completely hit or miss. When it's good it's 80mps, then all of a sudden it's 0mps! I've wasted so much time on phone calls with no resolution, I've given up, which is what they want you to do. We're in suburban Chicago so no excuse. Heck, we were on t mobile towers with Boost and it was much more reliable. I go to areas where Virgin and Boost worked fine and now it's no signal at all. It makes no sense that at home there will be a super fast data connection then 30 minutes later nothing. And it's on both phones so not a phone issue. I am so mad that we switched from Boost.

I have only been with T-Mobile for less than a week and T-mobile sucks. I will terminate any service or no service with T-noble no matter how much I need to pay to get out of it.

You win T-Mobile!! It this is how America is prepared to compete with China and other countries in high tech area, Good luck. I was thinking High Tech companies are not all about money or business. They should assume the responsibility to lead the world in the right future. I was naïve. T-Mobile can’t even do their business well they only care about your money. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

We had Sprint for years with reliable service in our home.  Now after they merged into T-Mobile, we almost never have signal within a 1 mile radius of our home.  We shouldn’t have to pay them for this crap.  My business is suffering and I am aggravated.

We’ve been on T-Mobile (55+ plan) for 8 years and happy until recently, like everyone else on this thread.  Tech support has been useless and I’m on the brink of leaving.

We’re on 4G LTE phones (iPhone 8) and wondering if upgrading to 5G phones would solve our problems, because T-Mobile gets top scores on the respected OpenSignal Oct 2021 report on 5G in the USA.  Most folks complaining on this thread don’t say if they are on 5G or not.

Should I upgrade to 5G phones or just leave T-Mobile?

I️ agree. T mobile was already subpar before but now its just trash. I️ can’t even send a simple text in the comfort of my own home!! Its not like im in a bad area either. This sucks and eventually when I️ find the time and money im going to switch to at&t or Verizon because I️ can’t do this shit anymore.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

We’ve been on T-Mobile (55+ plan) for 8 years and happy until recently, like everyone else on this thread.  Tech support has been useless and I’m on the brink of leaving.

We’re on 4G LTE phones (iPhone 8) and wondering if upgrading to 5G phones would solve our problems, because T-Mobile gets top scores on the respected OpenSignal Oct 2021 report on 5G in the USA.  Most folks complaining on this thread don’t say if they are on 5G or not.

Should I upgrade to 5G phones or just leave T-Mobile?

each area may vary..personally i dont have the fastest of 5G in my area but its a solid connection always (tower issues happen as it does for every carrier at times). a lot will also depend on how they set up the 5G in your area..there are some differences when it comes to rural area 5G though..which is pretty much what i have in my area.. as of 7:15AM so not a whole lot of people out and about just yet (college town) my download is 159Mbps with a 24.9Mbps upload. when the mass majority of the town is up and moving i might drop to 50-80ish Mbps down..still quite usable.

I was forced to switch from sprint to T-Mobile and my signal SUCKS! Had to upgrade my perfectly good phones and now I can’t make a call half the time from the middle of town. I wish I would have went with another company but when a company (Sprint) that you were a faithful customer with tells you this is a good decision you tend to believe them. I will be going to a T-mobile office soon to get out of my contract and takin them to small claims if they don’t let me out. T-Mobile sucks! Don’t do it!

Badge

I was a Sprint customer and had excellent service for 10 years.  A couple of weeks ago I got a message that I was now fully t-mobile and since that time, service has gotten bad.  From 4-5 bars to 1-2.  Data is very iffy.  Often times I can’t get emails or texts.  I don’t know what they did, but it looks like they took the best of T Mobile and the best of Sprint and screwed it up for everybody.

I have been a TMobile customer for some time now. I think I am officially done with their unsatisfactory customer support and ridiculously overpriced bills and hidden charges. They have became an absolute joke. I though I may have been alone in my opinion until I did my first 20 seconds of reading any of their reviews. My patience and my wallet have been worn very thin. Literally any other service support has to be better. 

I don’t think I’ll renew service with T-mobile.

I have been using t-mobile for 19 years and they have recently treated me like nothing but trash. I used to have t-mobiles home internet for 2 years for $25, but now they charge me $37 including tax.  Everytime I try to call them to ask them about it, they always say they will fix it or they have fixed it and they also send me a confirmation, but nothing is ever changed.  I don’t trust t-mobile anymore. I would either go with at&t or verizion considering that at least they are honest with their long time loyal customers.  Everytime I call t-mobile customer service it always goes to the Phillipines, and it is almost like they have a “script” of telling you each time that, “no worry, we will help you”. I haven’t received any help. Sometimes I don’t understand what they’re saying.  All I can say is instead of fixing the problem, they make it worse.  I even have to pay $350 for the EIP to switch to another cellular provider, but I will gladly do that instead of staying with T-Mobile and taking a headache from them.