Solved

The Signal Booster DUO (Band 12) is made of UNOBTANIUM

Show first post

28 replies

John

Your experience is very similar to mine.   Using Field Test on my phone *3001#12345#* I found that I had LTE coverage in my house is between -110 and -120 that changes between Band 2, 4 and 12 depending on the time of day.  4G coverage is usually pretty good.  The Cel-Fi usually locks to a strong Band 2 signal that is listed by the Cel-Fi app as T-mobile 3G CDMA and is always boosted.  Sometimes the booster will lock to a Band 4 LTE signal if that is the strongest one near the Window unit - otherwise it will stay lock to the 3G/4G signal and not boost LTE.  The Band 2 3G/4G signal is always boosted.

I sent the log into Cef-fi and started exchanging emails and yesterday spent over a hour with tech support (Evelin) on the phone (858-485-9442, Option 1). I discovered a few things.  She claimed that the strong Band 2 signal that was being boosted that is labeled as 3G CDMA could actually be a 4G T-Mobile signal.  Also - even though the new unit can boost Band 12, T-Mobile has decided to set the software to not boost B12 signals if there is any B2 or B4 signal available.  So even if B12 is the strongest signal received, the unit is set up to not boost it if a weak B2 or B4 signal is present.  However, the weak B2 or B4 signal may be too weak to be locked on by the booster and will not be boosted so the net result is that no LTE signal is boosted.  Evelin told me that Cel-Fi can send a signal to the Booster to allow the B12 LTE to be boosted but that should be the last resort if you are not getting any other band coverage,  I am fiddling on disabling LTE on my phone at home to get it to lock to 4G and see how that works first or to use Wi-Fi calling as a backup before asking for the software change.  I would suggest that you do the Field Test check to see what Bands are in your home and then give Evelin a call.  She is very patient and helpful.  Looks like you have a similar situation as I have.  Let me know how it works out.

Marty Melnick

Yeah so T-mobile doesn't actually have 4G. It's just a rebranded fancy 3G that they call ‘4G LTE', meaning Long term evolution. The 3G CDMA was most likely either verizon or sprint.

" Tech doesn't have the option of which option of booster to send. It

automatically defaults to whichever is in stock when your order is placed"

THIS IS THE STUPIDEST EXCUSE I HAVE HEARD IN THE TWO MONTHS THAT I HAVE

BEEN TRYING. FANFARE LAST NOVEMBER - WE HAVE A NEW UNIT THAT COVERS BAND

12. NOW I AM EXPECTED TO BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO WAY TO SPECIFICALLY

ORDER SUCH A UNIT. NO COMPANY CAN BE THAT STUPID, ONLY PEOPLE WORKING AT

SUCH A COMPANY WOULD BE THAT STUPID, I HAVE EMAIL YOUR CEO LETTING HIM

KNOW ABOUT THE RUNAROUND I HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH AND HAVE LET HIM KNOW

THAT YOU AND NIC HAVE GIVEN ME THIS ABSURD REASON.

Today is 10/22/2022 and the extreme incompetence and ignorance displayed by the corporate decision makers with their policies and dysfunctional methods of training and supplying information to the call center staff and customers, is still alive and well unfortunately. Various reps I have spoken with over the past week have no clue there are 2 Cell Spots, one that is 1 unit and works off Wifi, and another that is 2 units, called the Personal CellSpot 4G LTE Signal Booster, and works off the tower signal by placing the antenna unit in the window and the receiving unit at the other end of the home.

The model # for the 2 unit device from the side of the box is NXT CELFI-D32-21266 with a date of 01/07/19.  I had to dig the box out of a plastic container in the shed so I could research what bands it uses. I had to beg repeatedly for this second unit to use after hurricanes.

I also have the other unit that works off Wifi which I normally use since we are in a rural area. But Hurricane Ian just went through here on 9/28/22 and the cable/landline phone and internet infrastructure was decimated. Centurylink told NBC2 here in FT. Myers Fl that the projected date for complete restoral of the internet and landlines could be the end of February, 4 months from now. So I am researching outdoor antennas so I don’t have the indoor antenna unit of the Personal CellSpot D32 hanging outside{did this 3 days ago} on a PVC pipe/pole, inside a metal base pole, under an umbrella, on top of my 6 foot above grade septic hill, the only place I can get a signal on my 5 acres on a regular basis, pre or post hurricane without the Wifi CellSpot. The Personal CellSpot D32 window antenna unit does not work well inside my metal mobile.

Hopefully the $1000 plus Cel-Fi GO X 100dB booster with the Long Ranger Antenna will provide some decent service since I am not interested in it taking 8 minutes to log into my bank and then have a bunch of empty rectangles where the accounts are suppose to be, never mind all the can’t load the page errors, or having to wait until 1 a.m. through 5 a.m. to be able to have usable internet access with the Personal Cellspot indoor antenna.

I have been using the internet through a hot spot in my Samsung S8+ TMobile Tablet that is no longer fully functional, can’t make calls and texts with tablet through my S22+ phone, and can’t add blue tooth devices because Samsung turned off the features until I signed their new privacy policy they issued the day, 9/2/22, they notified us about their Breach, I finally accepted the policy some days ago after talking to a few lawyers and the features still don’t work. Added this info in case others are having the same Privacy Policy blackmail issues with “calls and texts on other devices”.

The worst part of Hurricane Ian has been dealing with humans.

T-Mobile has by far the worst customer service I’ve been on the phone with them for 2 hours it’s this is ridiculous.