Question

why does T-Mobile suck

Userlevel 3
Badge

T-Mobile lied about the rebates to switch over.  So I got screwed paying hundreds of dollars to Verizon.  The lied about service at my employer.  Map shws 5g and there is no service.  They then said the tower was down from an ice storm.  They then said it would be fixed in 24 hours they have been dispatched to the tower. Then I was told there is no tower in the area.  It is served from a tower 15 miles away. Now service at my home three lines and the home internet keeps showing LTE to 5G to 5GUC to no signal.  This is in a 5 minute time frame.  I'm told there is no issues and to reset the network function on my phone.  This will fix all the lines somehow.  I want my money and I want your customer service to stop lying to me.  Fix you crap and  give me my money 

23 replies

We were lied to also 

Converted from Sprint. Somehow coverage got worse. T Mobile map shows full 5G coverage at my house where I also run my business. Crap coverage for 2+ years now. Two bars on a good day. They claimed tower maintenance as cause (for 2+ years).

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

T-Mobile coverage and maintenance claim has been going on for … years.  T-Mobile ERT/OEM has claimed in writing  (escalations through BBB) that they have service in addresses given, but none can be found.  Drive team as well as L2 advanced technical support teams have verified ‘No Service’, but T-Mobile keeps selling service as 5G / 4G LTE even with ‘verified’ listed in the past.

1. Escalate though rep
  2. File BBB complaint (they will call you)
  3. For coverage issues, they’ll probably attempt to give you a ‘cell spot’ which uses YOUR dsl/cable/fiber to make a short range (house range) cell tower, or tell you to use ‘WiFi calling’
  4. If those don’t work, they’ll port you.
Userlevel 1
Badge

I have also been having issues with T-Mobile since the start of 2022 and got worse in 2023! I feel that is due to T-Mobile and Sprint converging and taking over Sprint's terrible coverage. I had Sprint before and their cellular service is aweful! I now have no internet connection/ and offline when I actually have full bars for WiFi and Cellular! And I wonder if it is also because my phone is also not going to be able to stay optimized enough to run the apps, hardware and software.

I wonder if getting the S22 or S23 would remedy the issue or if it actually is a network issue. T-Mobile was absolutely fine in 2021!

Userlevel 1

We too were lied to about coverage where we live, clearly shows highspeed 5g and LTE on the coverage map, reps confirmed as well. For 18 months we have been stuck in this bs limbo game of never having service, tkts over and over are closed before 24hrs of opening it with no logs, no explanation other than 'service working'.  Was working fine until they pulled the Sprint tower and started putting up their own equipment out here on the 3 towers that service this area. Found out recently that my rural town has a contract with Verizon….so how was tmobile able to sell me service at the address provided? Then, this past week, our phones continue to go in and out of sos mode/emergency only calls, back to no service mode, then it connects for a few, then back to sos mode… can't change carriers at the moment, not for another 5 months without incurring ridiculous charges. Verizon claims some eligibility issue so they won't pay to port us. Just fed up, fed up of politicians pulling in money from these carriers and no one wanting to charge them with all the illegal activities they do on a daily basis. All the 5g lies should be enough grounds for a lawsuit, but no one wants to touch it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

First… TMobile doesn't guarantee service anywhere.  I've been down this road many times with TMobile, At&t, and even Verizon.  Recommend filing BBB ticket for escalation, and possibly your PUC , followed by FCC.  TMobile escalation will help you get ported

Userlevel 1

First… TMobile doesn't guarantee service anywhere.  I've been down this road many times with TMobile, At&t, and even Verizon.  Recommend filing BBB ticket for escalation, and possibly your PUC , followed by FCC.  TMobile escalation will help you get ported

Appreciate it!

Userlevel 1

Call customers service and have THE most frustrating experience….whether from another country or USA thay are, for the most part, pathetic people. In a way I feel sorry for them as the company they work for sucks. I thought  Sprint was bad but the T mob sucks so bad I plan to change carriers.  Lousy reception, dropped calls, calls won’t go through, etc. and their customer service rank for me is 0. Good-bye T Mob…….

Userlevel 1

I have also been having issues with T-Mobile since the start of 2022 and got worse in 2023! I feel that is due to T-Mobile and Sprint converging and taking over Sprint's terrible coverage. I had Sprint before and their cellular service is aweful! I now have no internet connection/ and offline when I actually have full bars for WiFi and Cellular! And I wonder if it is also because my phone is also not going to be able to stay optimized enough to run the apps, hardware and software.

I wonder if getting the S22 or S23 would remedy the issue or if it actually is a network issue. T-Mobile was absolutely fine in 2021!

I have a Galaxy 22….service is just as bad,,,,,T Mob sucks.

I have a Galaxy 22….service is just as bad,,,,,T Mob sucks.

I have a new S23. Mobile service is bad for me too. I switched from Cricket hoping mobile data would improve. Its worse in my city. I'm told its not the phone, its T-Mobile period. Everyone is complaining where I'm at. My area has grown immensely over the years in AZ and yet phone service still sucks.

I went out with a group of friends. A couple of us had T-Mobile, everyone else had Verizon and AT&T. The three of us with T-Mobile had ZERO coverage. Everyone one else was streaming video. * Sidenote; This happens Constantly and in different URBAN locations!!!

When I called customer service, they had me reset my phone which 'SHOCKER' - DID NOTHING!! Eventually the guy came back with "We have no service in that area".

The next day they texted me that my bill would be due soon.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Welcome to T-Mobile and their ‘coverage’ as well as support.

I can call them any day of the week for a zero coverage area, and it will start with ‘reset your phone’, followed by ‘we will refresh your network’ followed by a ‘reset of your network settings’ - which clears WiFi/Bluetooth, followed by a SIM check.

When all that appears to be ‘not’ the issue, I'll be told either

1. There are upgrades going on in your area, causing issues
  2. The tower is down

After asking for the trouble ticket (often never given .. but transferred to 2nd level) , you’ll get a response (or dropped call) of a trouble ticket, which will be auto closed without a response (unless back doored to VM) without a fix, or issue.

Ironically, if it ever gets escalated, T-Mobile ‘OEM/ERT’ will acknowledge the area as ‘fair’ coverage and attempt to claim that there is nothing to do besides port.

T-Mobile service has been on the decline for years, particularly the incompetent customer call center. Precisely the reason we dropped them from our personal cellular service and will be doing the same for our business accounts by end of year.

i have been trying to stick to tmobile because ive never switched service before but im reaching a breaking point. i started with nextel, they were bought out by sprint. sprint and nextel both worked great for me, full coverage at both home and work. since tmobile has taken over, service at work is non existent. i call customer service and all they say is if it worked for srpint it works for tmobile because our coverage is the same or better. really???? is that why hundreds of people i work with at a major auto plant have switched to verizon? because your the same or better then a perfectly fine sprint service…. very upsetting. im aboubt to take my 3 lines elsewhere too. ive tried waiting.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Personally,  id file a bbb complaint, especially if the representative is telling you that TMobiles coverage is better than Sprint was, “and” you now have “No Service “  sounds like you were given bad info.  They will call you, and probably assist  in porting out, and possibly pay off and device.   TMobile does this every time i call.  They've claimed service for 8 years in a no service area near me.

We have been with T-MOBILE for 7 years.We recently moved to Southern Arizona, near the border of Mexico. There are a few places, where we lose service, but most importantly-on a remote stretch of Highway 82, for about 4 miles. My wife drives this way to get to work every morning, and every evening.If she were to break down, she would need a Good Samaritan, or Border patrol to help her. I called 611. And asked the rep if there were any plans for new Cell towers  in this area( AT&T and Verizon share one) . The Rep told me there was not but said that we needed new phones( we got our current ones 2-3 years ago) because the new ones have better antennas . He said that he could update our plan with new phones for $30 dollars total, we had him repeat this , on speaker, 2 times. We drove 61 miles (each way) to go to the T-Mobile store, where we were told it would be $112 more… We left and on the way home-we called 611, again, and asked to speak with a Supervisor. The “Supervisor” was Snotty, rude and condescending, and when I requested that she listen to my conversation with the rep(who told me that I could get two new phones for 30 dollars more a month) she said that she had to look at “200 plans, first” and then she said that the rep “was wrong”( not that he lied) . To be treated that way was insulting, but to be lied to-makes me realize that your company has went downhill, since we first signed-up. I encourage you to listen to the 611 calls from this number, and see how we were lied to… 122 miles on my truck( which gets 17 miles to the gallon) to learn that I had been lied to…EXTREMELY INSULTING. You need to get back to the kind, good service that you had,  when we first signed-up. Lying to your long-time customers, and then treating them like shit…What a disgrace, and what an EMBARRASSMENT.

Aaron B 

Badge

They always claim there's a tower being worked on but can never give an estimated fix date. Let's call it what it is. Not much service in this area. Technical support knows nothing and can never fix the issue. Technical support is basically customer service because they probably know nothing about anything technical. It's the engineers that do and you can never speak with them. How is it legal to sell someone something under false advertisement. I called to get on their military plan in the middle of the month. Now my bill went from 265 to 285. They said it had been prorated but my bill is still due at the same time every month. Never missed a bill and the military magenta is suppose to be cheaper. Come on now. This is theft. 

Badge

Honestly I believe they are limiting people's service on purpose. Look at the home internet. They close some of the ports but says you can game on it. All lies 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

They always claim there's a tower being worked on but can never give an estimated fix date. Let's call it what it is. Not much service in this area. Technical support knows nothing and can never fix the issue. Technical support is basically customer service because they probably know nothing about anything technical. It's the engineers that do and you can never speak with them. How is it legal to sell someone something under false advertisement. I called to get on their military plan in the middle of the month. Now my bill went from 265 to 285. They said it had been prorated but my bill is still due at the same time every month. Never missed a bill and the military magenta is suppose to be cheaper. Come on now. This is theft. 

I’ve been given that excuse for over 8 years in some places.   Once you escalate through BBB/FCC/PUC you’ll get a ‘corporate’ response which typically doesn’t help, but is given in writing.  Some FCC/PUC can be useful, and will help port you and even pay off equipment charges.  Others - BBB will go about ½ of that, and often the rep (US Based ) will turn snarky and try talking you into porting, and will say take it or leave it.

I'm in a north suburb of Chicago and it's just as bad.

Honestly I believe they are limiting people's service on purpose. Look at the home internet. They close some of the ports but says you can game on it. All lies 

That's what I think too....

Yep, the customer service sucks!!  

I set up autopay to save a few bucks.

They turned it off after a couple of months.  I still can’t get anyone to tell me why. 

As a result of them turning off the autopay, my account goes delinquent. 

So I re-setup Autopay.  and I text with a rep to find out what went wrong.  I don't get an explanation, but they told me it was all taken care of.   

Next thing i know, they suspend service for lack of payment.  

Realize that they have my back account info this whole time and authorization to bill my bank.  I signed up for autopay twice.  

So now i have to get back on the phone.  They still cannot explain why they are not processing the autopay.  Oh and the big kicker, I have to pay $20 per line to get the service turned on . .  I have to pay $20 per line for their mistake.  

T-Mobile lied about the rebates to switch over.  So I got screwed paying hundreds of dollars to Verizon.  The lied about service at my employer.  Map shws 5g and there is no service.  They then said the tower was down from an ice storm.  They then said it would be fixed in 24 hours they have been dispatched to the tower. Then I was told there is no tower in the area.  It is served from a tower 15 miles away. Now service at my home three lines and the home internet keeps showing LTE to 5G to 5GUC to no signal.  This is in a 5 minute time frame.  I'm told there is no issues and to reset the network function on my phone.  This will fix all the lines somehow.  I want my money and I want your customer service to stop lying to me.  Fix you crap and  give me my money 

***Please consider your options first before switching to tmobile because with tmobile spending less per month also means having way less network performance..... AND IT'S FRUSTRATING..

Unfortunately this is hilarious to me because they told me the exact same thing multiple times....I brought my galaxy s21 ultra over from verizon simply because verizon is expensive however after over a year with tmobile I'm completely regretting the choice to switch.  As anyone and everyone who has verizon knows about how great there network signal and speed is well now that I switched to tmobile under the premise that I'd be paying less and have similar internet speeds and data performance JOKE ON ME. Tmobile is terrible