WTH is going on with the service?

• 5 December 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge

I keep getting dropped calls, no service, and undeliverable text messages.  This is maddening.  It happened before but cleared up a couple of weeks later.  I’m so frustrated that I’m considering leaving the company.   Is anyone else suddenly having these issues?   BTW, I’m in Houston.

thanks!  

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

are there any other TMO phones around you? and if so are they seeing the same thing or just your phone?

Badge

Yes, but they are on iPhones and I’m on a Samsung.  I’ve never had this issues before.  It’s as if something recently changed with T-mobile.  I’ve replaced the SIM card as per their instructions but to no avail.  I honestly don’t believe it’s the phone.  It has something to do with their service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

doesnt matter if they have a cow phone..as long as its on the TMO network then its able to be tested against..if their phones are fine but not yours in the same places that points at your phone, sim card/esim or something got mucked up with your line on the account. usually its phone/sim/esim.

Badge

The SIM card has been replaced - nothing that I know of is wrong with the phone because like I mentioned previously, it comes and goes.  I have a friend that says he’s encountering the same issues with TMOBILE- the issues come and go.  This leads me to believe it’s something on their end that they are not disclosing but instead leading me on a while goose chase.  The one way to resolve it is to leave them - that’s the only solution I can think of without having me continue to do these trial and errors that may lead to a temporary fix.  The phone is saying there’s a signal issue, and that’s what I believe.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

you understand though tthat a tower doesnt send out a special signal to all Samsung phones..and a different signal to all Apple phones etc  etc right? if the other TMO phones dont see it then its still pointing  right back at the phone. does you friend happen to have the same phone as you do? a specific device on the other hand can have issues across their phones..an example would be a lot of the iphones (cant remember if it was the 13 or 14 running into this on numerous carriers) are running into a SOS issue..why? no idea..but its by far on Apple to figure out and fix.

which Samsung phone do you have?

Badge

Samsung UItra 22.  When I go into the T-Mobile store, the problem doesn’t exist.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

so certain bands you are running into maybe? pretty much all stores will have a signal booster in them..this goes the same for all other carriers as well..kind of the reason you’ll usually get great signal inside of a mall at the carriers store when most other signal is killed off in there. they have a booster.

out of curiosity..go into your phones settings-mobile network and manually switch it to 4G only and nothing to do with 5G and run it that way for part of the day..see if you drop signal anymore or not.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

got curious and bumped over to Vs site..looks like the S22s most recent security patch botched up their S22s with the same type of issues youre seeing.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Samsung/Dropped-connections-after-S22-Ultra-update-S908USQS3CWF2-July/td-p/1706754

when did yall receive your most recent security patch? should show when it updated..wondering if it might be the same deal with the TMO variant..security patch might have botched it up.