Solved

Device unlock

• 14 August 2023
  • 12 replies

Badge

How can I unlink sprint from my device? In shom

rt, I bought this device from someone and he told me that after 50 days, the system will automatically open some new network operator mode, and now everything is fine, but the annoying thing is the OMADM system So I need to remove the sprint files I'm tired of the LTE network content as if it's 2G I am now in the Middle East using a local SIM card. All that is required is that I need to cancel everything related to sprint because I simply do not need it here, and every time OMADM programs appear to me in content (Registering the device with the network) Then at the end of it gives me this error (Connection Error (6601)) I can not contact technical support does not support this area

icon

Best answer by gramps28 15 August 2023, 01:29

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

The original owner of the phone is the only person that can unlock it.

Badge

If the original owner is present can you use the root

Badge

If the original owner wasn't present, I wouldn't have been here. I bought the device from him and I don't know anything about it. Maybe after all the trying I can do something. Root

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Which is why Tmobile can't help since you're not the original owner of the phone.

Badge

Which is why Tmobile can't help since you're not the original owner of the phone.

I can, one way or another

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Here's the unlock requirements.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

You must meet all the requirements to be eligible.

You can always pay a 3rd party company to unlock the phone since it's an Android.

Badge

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

You can always pay a 3rd party company to unlock the phone since it's an Android.

It seems that you do not understand what I am saying. I told you that I do not know the original owner, I mean, I do not have a sprint account, so I am now downloading a Samsung system that is free of sprint software, and I will put the flash through the computer and let the technical support be in a deep slumber I came here to help, not to complicate things

Badge

https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-G988U/USC/G988USQS1BTK4

🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Flashing the firmware to a different firmware does not alter the SIM unlock/unlock status.  You can flash it all you want.  It will remain locked to Sprint.  However, the device can only be SIM unlocked on the original carrier firmware that it is SIM locked to.  Your best bet would be to not flash it and take it to your local cellphone repair shop and see if they can SIM unlock it for you for a fee.  

Badge

Flashing the firmware to a different firmware does not alter the SIM unlock/unlock status.  You can flash it all you want.  It will remain locked to Sprint.  However, the device can only be SIM unlocked on the original carrier firmware that it is SIM locked to.  Your best bet would be to not flash it and take it to your local cellphone repair shop and see if they can SIM unlock it for you for a fee.  

You do not have complete information. This reinstalls the Samsung system free of sprint software

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Then you need to go to Samsung or the XDA forums to find your answer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You do not have complete information. This reinstalls the Samsung system free of sprint software

I do!  I have flashed many Samsung and other devices hundreds of times.  It may remove the carrier bloatware but the SIM lock state isn't stored on a flash able partition.