Question

Device Unlock

• 24 August 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Hi, 

I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 directly from T-Mobile in 2018 and last year I switched to Verizon due to my work ( Phoenix Sky Harbort Airport Basement ) Verizon is the only carrier that has signal on the basement. 

Before I switch I forgot to request T-mobile to unlock this tablet. Now I need to use this table with cellular service could I request for this device to be unlocked please?

My account was always in good standing. I paid off everything. 

I’ve gone to T-mobile store, contact customer service but I got nothing. Please HELP!

Order Number  5180462940 shipped on  12/21/2018. 

Quantity Item  
1 SAM T837T GALAXY TAB S4 64G BLK KIT

IMEI : 351594100356473

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be sold by T-Mobile. YES
  • The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked. NEVER
  • The account associated with the device must be in good standing. I PAID OFF EVERYTHING
  • The device must also satisfy all the Postpaid or Prepaid unlocking requirements outlined below. YES

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans

• The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line. IT WAS ACTIVE MORE THAN 40 DAYS
  • If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full. PAID IN FULL
  • If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero. THE BALANCE WAS ZERO
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE AGREEMENT

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a user to user forum with some tmobile moderation that don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of tmobile's social media platforms to like Facebook or X to see if they can facilitate the unlock request.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi, 

I bought Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 directly from T-Mobile in 2018 and last year I switched to Verizon due to my work ( Phoenix Sky Harbort Airport Basement ) Verizon is the only carrier that has signal on the basement. 

Before I switch I forgot to request T-mobile to unlock this tablet. Now I need to use this table with cellular service could I request for this device to be unlocked please?

My account was always in good standing. I paid off everything. 

I’ve gone to T-mobile store, contact customer service but I got nothing. Please HELP!

Order Number  5180462940 shipped on  12/21/2018. 

Quantity Item  
1 SAM T837T GALAXY TAB S4 64G BLK KIT

IMEI : 351594100356473

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be sold by T-Mobile. YES
  • The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked. NEVER
  • The account associated with the device must be in good standing. I PAID OFF EVERYTHING
  • The device must also satisfy all the Postpaid or Prepaid unlocking requirements outlined below. YES

Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans

• The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line. IT WAS ACTIVE MORE THAN 40 DAYS
  • If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full. PAID IN FULL
  • If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero. THE BALANCE WAS ZERO
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE AGREEMENT

The third point for eligibility, I personally interpret differently.  

The account associated with the device must be in good standing.

There is no account associated with the device because the account is closed and you are no longer a T-Mobile USA customer.  The SIM Unlock Policy applies to current T-Mobile customer at the time you are requesting the SIM unlock.  

SIM Unlock Policy | Unlock Your Mobile Wireless Device | T-Mobile

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

If it was a post paid account it's still eligible.

Badge

Yes I was a postpaid customer and before I left the balance was paid in full. I am frustrated because I’ve been to the store 3 weeks in a row and I tried to call customer service and no one seems to be able to

help me so I’m reaching out to this forum maybe someone else experience similar situation as mine. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to do the social media route to escalate this or you can go the 3rd party route and pay for an unlock.

There a few kiosk and stores that may be able to direct you in the Chandler Fashion Mall on how to do a 3rd party unlock.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

The Galaxy Tab S4 is one of the devices that does require an unlock code instead of one of the newer ways of unlocking. That means that the request has to be filed by a customer support person that has access to your account details. Even if the account is cancelled, they can still pull it up and verify eligibility for the unlock and submit for the code. A favorite way to connect with Customer Support is by messaging on Facebook or Twitter by using the icon links at the bottom of this page. 

Once requested, you will get an email within 72 hours with unlock steps and code or reasons why it cannot be unlocked. When you have them file the unlock request, they should provide you with an eight digit ticket number as reference. 

Spending a few weeks on this already is frustrating, but I’m sure things will be fully settled after contacting them one more time with this information.