Solved

Device Unlock Notification

• 6 October 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge

Does anyone know what this means? I've never had this notification before. Andwhen I click on it to get more details nothing happens.

icon

Best answer by Emcgrail 6 October 2023, 19:04

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Does it mention where the notification came from?  Personally, I have never seen that notification.  What device are you using?  

Badge

No it doesnt have any other details. Im using a Samsung Galaxy S20.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if you go into your phones settings and look at your phones status is it still locked or does it show unlocked?

Badge

I spoke with customer service and they stated that it was because I paid off equipment/devices. It also includes things like screen protectors and cases. So if anyone sees that notification I would double check with customer service. They also checked that I have port transfer coverage to ensure that my account is all good.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

i know they kick out texts like that for when the device is unlocked from their side….but its a rarity that people actually get the text lol...

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

if you go into your phones settings and look at your phones status is it still locked or does it show unlocked?

That wouldn't actually show if the device is SIM unlocked.  Samsung had this weird way of removing the SIM Unlock option when a device is no longer SIM unlocked.  No notification is given when that happens.