Question

Motorola Moto G Pure unlock

• 21 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge
  • First activity
  • 2 replies

Hello.  I have two T-Mobile Motorola Moto G Pure phones.  Both phones are paid off and are eligible to be unlocked.  the problem is that they will not unlock.  I have followed the instructions on how to unlock these phones, but what I get instead is two error messages. The first one says  ‘unable to connect to server’ and the second message says ‘device must be paid off first.’  I have contacted T-Mobile customer service several times via phone and chat and they seem unwilling to, or are unable to unlock these phones.  I have been a T-Mobile customer for years and years.  Anyone else have issues unlocking their phones?

thanks.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Are you a Tmobile customer and if so is the account in good status.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You must be a T-Mobile USA customer, your account must be in good standing, the device must have been purchased directly from T-Mobile or an authorized retailer, and your device and account must meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements for the device to be eligible for a SIM unlock. 

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

I have been in good standing with T-Mobile for the past 15 years or so.  I bought both of these phones through T-Mobile.  Both of these phones are paid off are are eligible to be unlocked.  It's as though T-Mobile don't know how to unlock these phones or for whatever reasons they will not unlock these phones.  I have called and chatted with customer service several times and I get pretty much the samr answer like 'we will get our top people on this, or we will send this issue to our unlock team.'. End result, phone is still locked with no resolution in sight.  It is sad how a long term customer, 20+years, can't seem to get any help.