Question

Need my SIM unlocked

• 8 February 2024
  • 2 replies

I spent an hour on the phone with a TMobile customer service rep trying to get my SIM unlocked. It has been almost 72 hours and my phone is still locked and I haven’t heard anything back from TMobile. I can’t get a hold of anyone from customer service to resolve. Can someone help?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If your SIM is PUKed, you should look for the original credit-card-sized carrier that your SIM was clipped to. It has a faint gray 8-digit number that you use to un-PUK your SIM. Otherwise, you SHOULD be able to get the code from CS but it seems not. What did you tell them?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Do you mean PUK'd as suggested or do you mean to use a non-T-Mobile SIM in your device?  To qualify for a SIM unlock from T-Mobile so you can use other carrier SIM's in the device.  The device and your account must meet all of the SIM Unlock Policy requirements.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

iPhone's take significantly longer to SIM unlocl because the request is sent to Apple for Apple to process.  iPhone SIM unlocks can sometimes take 3 weeks or longer.