Question

PLEASE UNLOCK MY İPHONE XSMAX

• 6 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hello, This is Mert from Turkey.  I have a problem, I bought a phone on ebay 3 years ago when I was in the USA.  I bought the XSMAX phone as unlocked, I used it in usa then when I returned to my own country, I used it with my SIM card here without any problems.  Last week, I did a phone reset and it got stuck in the sim lock. There was no such lock before. I called the apple authorized service and they said that the phone was locked by t mobile and Also they said that I can only use it with your operator or you can unlock this simlock.  Since I live in Turkey, it is not possible for me to use your operator, so could you please unlock my phone.  I leave the phone imei information here.

IMEI:353104104340388

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

You need to be a customer of Tmobile USA and meet the requirements in the link below. If you had a post paid plan you may be able to unlock it.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

if the phone was fully unlocked and has never been on any other carrier then it will lock itself to the first carrier its added to..just how it works out there..you used it in the U.S but for how long? post paid? pre paid? you might not have met the criteria to actually unlock it..or you did but it must be here in the U.S to get the signal to unlock it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +13

Thank you for sharing the IMEI number for your device. That phone is not locked to T-Mobile. Since it isn’t locked to T-Mobile, we wouldn't be able to unlock it. Normally we would suggest that you reach out to the person that you bought it from to talk about unlocking it, but since you bought it 3 years ago, that doesn’t seem reasonable here. You can try to contact Apple with your proof of purchase to see if there is any way to get it unlocked.