Question

SIM Unlocked- dual SIM for international student

• 20 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hey!
so as the title says, next month im moving to the US for college. Im planning to buy a new phone (the S24 when it comes out) and my question is: if I buy the new phone + line in T Mobile (because T Mobile have the deals of purchasing a new phone+line) will I be able to use my home country’s SIM while having another SIM from T Mobile? I know Samsung phones supports dual-SIM option but for that to work my phone needs to be unlocked.

Thank you in advance!

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hey!
so as the title says, next month im moving to the US for college. Im planning to buy a new phone (the S24 when it comes out) and my question is: if I buy the new phone + line in T Mobile (because T Mobile have the deals of purchasing a new phone+line) will I be able to use my home country’s SIM while having another SIM from T Mobile? I know Samsung phones supports dual-SIM option but for that to work my phone needs to be unlocked.

Thank you in advance!

No.  You will need to meet the SIM Unlock Policy requirements just like everyone else before the device will be eligible for a SIM unlock.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy