Question

simlocked but t-mobile saying fully unlokced

• 5 October 2023
  • 10 replies

Badge

I bought Iphone 13 pro and  I fully paid for my phone before I came here and when I was paying for the device, t mobile expert said that it has been fully unlocked. 

On my setting, it still says SIM Locked and it is not working here. 
I called T mobile more than 100 times, they say that it’s been fully unlocked but my phone says it is still locked! I even tried to scan a new esim on the phone it says I need to contact the original carrier to unlock the phone. 

Every time I called all they say is the device is fully unlocked. 
I was even connected to Apple experts but they could not help me with anything. Apple suggested me to reset the phone, which I have tried. 

Now I don’t know what to do. It’s been more than 2months and I’m not able to use this phone that I’ve paid $840 for. 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Did you ever use it on the Tmobile network?

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

Yes i used almost one year and i came out from t mobile..Thes t tmobile people are playing with from past 2months telling the same story..They are just seeing their sharepoint and telling it is fully unlocked.They are not providing any reference id or any other documentation as proof

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

did you purchase it from TMO or elsewhere? the issue might be that the correct info for that specific phone is not in the system (happens when you bring in a non TMO purchased phone) so the system will get confused on what exactly its supposed to be unlocking. if this might be the case contact TMO and have them update your devices info to the correct info..then give it about 24 hours and contact them again for another attempt.

Badge

i bought it from TMO only 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

post paid or pre paid?

and by fully paid off ….as in 2 months ago or roughly a hour ago before you created the thread in here?

Badge

i am fighting with Tmobile finallly i posted here..Issue is not clearing i am contineously following up with them

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This is basically a Tmobile to Tmobile forum with some Tmobile moderation who don't have account access so you need to contact Tmobile support using messenger on one of Tmobile’s social media accounts like Facebook or Twitter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

iPhones need a token from Apple to unlock.  Carriers don’t have the ability to push the token like other devices.  Apple does have troubleshooting in case your device doesn’t unlock on their Knowledge Base.

If you device is part of the Reflex seller policy(Bought from BestBuy, or even Apple) There’s additional steps as they do not get the IMEI from them.  They only have the IMEI of what was given to them directly.  Have your receipt and Contact T-Mobile Help on X or Facebook and can help get your IMEI into the system.

If you ever exchanged your device for warranty then you may need to do above as the IMEI of the unit you have may not be in the system.  Contact T-Mobile Help on X of Facebook.

If everything is correct then you may need to Restore to Factory and it may unlock.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

I bought Iphone 13 pro and  I fully paid for my phone before I came here and when I was paying for the device, t mobile expert said that it has been fully unlocked. 

On my setting, it still says SIM Locked and it is not working here. 
I called T mobile more than 100 times, they say that it’s been fully unlocked but my phone says it is still locked! I even tried to scan a new esim on the phone it says I need to contact the original carrier to unlock the phone. 

Every time I called all they say is the device is fully unlocked. 
I was even connected to Apple experts but they could not help me with anything. Apple suggested me to reset the phone, which I have tried. 

Now I don’t know what to do. It’s been more than 2months and I’m not able to use this phone that I’ve paid $840 for. 

Are you trying to use this phone on a different carrier? If not your phone should not have any problems connecting on T-Mobile's network.

I’m having the same exact problem, TMobile is unable to solve it.