unlock device

• 21 September 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

I have an iPhone 14 pro when I got the phone I paid over $1000 and bought it outright that same day so I wouldn’t have to make payments on it but now that my service is cut off and I’m trying to switch providers T-Mobile ole fraudulent services won’t unlock my phone saying I have to pay $300 or more due to my phone not being paid off which is a complete lie!!!! What can I do because I feel like they’re trying to cheat me out of more money and they have crappy service hence why I’m switching providers in the first place!?!?

fireguy_6364 7 months ago

contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this will land you with tier 2 support..they might request a receipt so the FB/Twitter route will make that easier to fire over to them if requested.

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Where did you buy the phone? If it was a 3rd party reseller those phones are sold as unlocked but in reality lock to the first Sim inserted.

Badge

It was purchased from a T-Mobile store no third party straight from the source 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Is your account in good status and no outstanding bills? Tmobile can withhold the unlock status if that's the case.

https://www.t-mobile.com/responsibility/consumer-info/policies/sim-unlock-policy

Badge

Yes and yes 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

was it a lease originally? and if yes you paid off the lease but did you do the final payment to own it or were there still monthly bills each month after you paid it?

and was it ever insurance/warranty swapped?

Badge

There was never a lease on it when I picked out the phone I wanted I paid the retail price of the phone the same day which was over $1000 and no insurance or warranty was swapped. I had an iPhone 13 and before hand that as well was paid in full and got the 14 pro when that came out 

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

contact TMO through either Facebook or Twitter..this will land you with tier 2 support..they might request a receipt so the FB/Twitter route will make that easier to fire over to them if requested.