Solved

unlock device

• 20 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

i have been with t mobile since 2022 and i purchased my device from t mobile in december 2022. my phone’s amount was paid in full. i was always a prepaid customer, and it’s been more than 6 months i have been calling t mobile every after 72 hours for unlocking my device. 

i have moved to India and i cannot use any sim and t mobile is unlocking my device. it costs me 100$ each time i call t mobile because i am making an international call. i have called t mobile more than 20 times now and no one is unlocking my device. i meet all the requirements for unlocking my device but still they are not unlocking it. WHAT SHOULD I DO?  

i am really frustrated i cannot use my phone neither i can sell it. 

icon

Best answer by tidbits 21 March 2024, 09:53

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

What type of phone?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

There's a few things. Did you ever exchanged your device? Did you buy it directly from T-Mobile, or from someone who bought it from T-Mobile then sold to you?

I see you have the iphone tag so I am assuming that's what you have. It really complicates things when it comes to unlocking the phone.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/109316

You may need to do a factory reset and the phone will ping Apple servers for the unlock token. 

If you bought it from 3rd party or gotten a refurbished unit then you need to receipt of the device and need to talk to T-Mobile Help on Facebook or X(Twitter) to expedite the unlocking.