Solved

Unlocked, but not??

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I finally paid off my iPhone 12, and it’s unlocked, as far as T-Mobile can tell, but I can’t switch to a different carrier, because it’s still showing Carrier Locked on new carrier’s end AND on my end- in my settings. T-Mobile reps only can see that the phone and device/ sim is fully unlocked. When I log into my account and check the “device lock status” it says Unknown Status and in small print underneath device not recognized. T-Mobile rep and her supervisor tried to tell me that I have to take it to Apple for unlocking, luckily a Spectrum rep was on the phone with me and reminded the T-Mobile rep of the proper procedures/ next steps. So, now I’m awaiting a response from the tech dept or something where she had to submit a ticket to request a manual unlock. The whole thing seems sketchy. 
I bought the phone through T-Mobile (in the US), have only used this phone the entire 30 months, and have remained in the country. What could be the problem??

icon

Best answer by syaoran 27 March 2024, 19:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Was there ever any warranty exchange done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Did you follow all of the instructions for the SIM unlock for your Apple device?  

https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/unlock-your-mobile-wireless-device#heading3

Badge

I don’t know if any warranty.